computer mount

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer mount

anybody have any idea on how to mount this mini-pc on the back of my seat in a way to where i can jus unplug my cables and pop of it out so i can take it out of the vehicle and use it. I want someting that will secure it well, yet easy enough to remove and reinsert.
    thanks for the ideas

the picture of how and where i want it mounted is at this address:
    http://www.sparrowcorp.com/pics/mount.jpg

Velcro works pretty well and it's dirt cheap.
    Don't Click

Comment

where did you end up getting your minibook pc and how much did it cost ya? I was winning on an ebay auction with 310 but was outbid and I'm not sure if I should bid over that =\
      Thanks
      Tres

Comment

velcro...true...but will it hold....stable....and wont it wear out...?

i bought it for 500 off of tiger...fully loaded....cel1ghz...128ram...and 10gig hd

any other mounting ideas?

Comment

i'd go with velcro also. I use it on my computer and it never moves around.
          '98 Explorer Sport
          http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
          AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
          80% done

Comment

There is always duck tape! Just kidding... There are many different ways you could do it, how much are you willing to hack into your back seat? Also, velcro itself wont wear out, but the sticky backing you would use to hold the velcro to the pc and seat back will (especially when really hot out) so I would think that would be poor way to go!
            1999 voyager pontoon boat
            (soon to be computerized)

Comment

mby velcro...think im gonna try to make a pocket for it....but thanks for the advice....anymore thoughts...id appericate the input....

Comment

okay, velcro is generically called "hook and loop" fasteners. Carpet works REALLY well as the "loop" part (the soft part). I have never had a problem with the velcro coming off the back of my phone, keyboard, GPS, or inverter, and they all sit directly in sunlight. One thing I would definitely do is secure the cables separately, though. The added weight of the cables might overcome the holding power of the mighty velcro--and use more than one little square.
                Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
                Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
                I'M DEBT FREE!!
                I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Just make your own holder. The computer is a squar, so just make something that locks on each of the sides. I can't tell you exactly because i don't have it in front of me but just be creative.

Comment

You could sew it to the car. Either just straps that hold it on, or hold a piece of vinal to it or something, and go at it. poke some holes for the vents.

-MIKE!

Comment

Not to keep battering you with the word velcro, but I have my desktop sized box, power inverter, and amp all velcroed to the carpetted trunk bed and when I want to move or take out anything, most of the trunk wants to come with it.

Give it a shot before you go out and spend a lot of time on building something more complicated which probably won't work horribly better. I'm a firm believer in KISS.
                      Don't Click

Comment

haha..no dbout....yes..velcro seems to be the easiest idea...but i really dont see it lasting that long when i take it in and out of the trunk very often....and the problem is on those ezgo computers is that the cd-rom is the bottom of the computer...and if i velcroed it, it would have to be to the cd-rom, and i can see it now, Im trying to take the computer out....computer comes, cd-rom is hanging off the back of my seat, not a pretty site. None-the-less, im going for velcro....thanks for all the help.

Comment

I found something similar to velcro, but it is made out of harder plastic, and instead of the "hoop and hook" of velcro, this has more of a "ball and receiver" sort of thing going on.

It also claims to be up to 10 times stronger than velcro, won't wear out and is easier to pull apart. Bought it at a local hardware store for about $3CAN, or $2US.

Seems to work really well for me.
                          OrangeWhip? OrangeWhip? 3 OrangeWhips!!
                          www.whipflash.com
                          Finally a new Avatar!

Comment

Heh, my problem with the "ball and lock" stuff was that the ball and lock part was a lot stronger than the adhesive backing, and the first time i tried to seperate the remote control from its mount, the backing simply ripped off the car. go with velcro (the hooked side), cant hurt, just mount it low (in relation to the floor) when you first try it .
                            -Nick

Comment

thanks for the ideas, the ball and receiver thing sounds good...more of the strength i was looking for, ill just have to make sure i secure the adhesive well, other then that....velcro it is....thanks again.....

Comment

Working...
                              X