Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SP13000 firewire problem.

Hi everybody
    I've got my CarPC working fine in my car, has been for a while now.
    I noticed that there are firewire header pins on the motherboard (SP13000) that I would be able to use to include a firewire port with my machine, but the pins are the mirror image of every single firewire cable I've seen. Is this an accident at the manufacturer or a deliberate change from the standards so that we would have to buy a firewire cable from via or something?

The onboard pins are like this:
    Code:
      o
    o o
    o o
    o o
    o o
    instead of the normal
    Code:
    o  
    o o
    o o
    o o
    o o
    I did manage to find a firewire cable that had individual cables to plug into the pins, but it stopped working after about 20 minutes and then I'd need to reboot the PC to make it work again, which is pretty useless.
    I currently install a PCI firewire card each time I want to put more music onto my CarPC, I use the firewire as a network port and use tightVNC to view and control the CarPC through my home machine.

Does anybody know what else I could try?
    Getting back into the game...

http://resources.mini-box.com/online...000-manual.pdf

If you checkout the manual online it gives the pin configuration for the firewire cable. If you align the wires in the plug to match the pins it should work properly.

Comment

I'll have to try and find another cable that ends in just the wires then, either that or cut up one of the block ones I've got, damn things.
      Every other motherboard I've got or seen has the pins set up the other way around, as do all of the firewire cables I've seen so far
      Getting back into the game...

Comment

Working...
      X