Case Finally Done!!Pics of my Case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Finally Done!!Pics of my Case

Here are pics of my plexicase....It measures 12.5" X 10.5" X 4"....I still need a slot load DVD as you can see by the pics, i just left the spot for it....Also i need to soften and sand the corners so they can ve flush with each other...Next step is to finally insert this bad boy inside the Spyder!!!

So give me ur opinions of my case..

Case in production pics:

Completed Case Pics:

slick!

Comment

Heh, dremel? But nice work.
      -Nick

Comment

Originally posted by MP3DUB
        Heh, dremel? But nice work.
        nope....a jigsaw and patience

started it monday and finished it today....took my time with it

Comment

Ahh, that was my second guess .
          -Nick

Comment

Nice job. But all I have to say is that all of you mofo's who have motherboards with everything on them SUCK! Try making a case which requires you to be able to insert and remove pci/agp cards!!! It must have made my project 3 times longer.

Comment

I like that fan. I never saw anything like that before. A clear fan.....

mike
              91 cadillac sedan deville, winXP, FV25 with Celeron 800, Redant 7" widescreen in dash, Opus DC-DC, Irman, Digital Cable remote(lots of buttons), 120 gig 7200rpm 8meg cache WD hard drive, VI power mobile HD rack, mediaengine

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMatty
                Nice job. But all I have to say is that all of you mofo's who have motherboards with everything on them SUCK! Try making a case which requires you to be able to insert and remove pci/agp cards!!! It must have made my project 3 times longer.
                Actually, its not that hard.. what seems to be the problem?? (no, I haven't made one, but know how I would go about it if I did)
                2 week temp ban (spam and complaining about deleted posts)
                register another account and you're gone for good.

Comment

Just the planning so that you have some way of screwing the cards in, making the precise measurements so they line up with the square holes. Cutting each of the square holes knowing that if you mess up, you might not be able to plug your vga cable or sound in, it just seemed so tedious and must have taken me almost a week in itself to finally do. It might have taken less time if I would only have cut holes for the video plug in the vga slot and the sound and NIC, but I wanted to be able to remove these cards and put something else in their place if need be, so I cut all 6 openings out. It was relaly a lot of work, especially making the measurements. As it stands right now, the fit is so tight when I insert and remove a card it makes me think I'm going to break it, but after its in, it fits perfectly and is impossible to move.

Comment

I have to agree with u on this one. Especially if it is a full blown pc.
                    abcd-1
                    Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
                    You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

Just the planning so that you have some way of screwing the cards in, making the precise measurements so they line up with the square holes. Cutting each of the square holes knowing that if you mess up, you might not be able to plug your vga cable or sound in, it just seemed so tedious and must have taken me almost a week in itself to finally do. It might have taken less time if I would only have cut holes for the video plug in the vga slot and the sound and NIC, but I wanted to be able to remove these cards and put something else in their place if need be, so I cut all 6 openings out. It was relaly a lot of work, especially making the measurements. As it stands right now, the fit is so tight when I insert and remove a card it makes me think I'm going to break it, but after its in, it fits perfectly and is impossible to move.
                      Why not just remove the metal card mounting pannel from teh back of an old computer case??
                      2 week temp ban (spam and complaining about deleted posts)
                      register another account and you're gone for good.

Comment

I hate to say it, but MP3kid has the right idea here. If you use the back end of another case it looks better, provides you with a ground for your cards and is really easy.

BEN

Comment

oooh mine.... could it be that *********..aka THEMP3KID could have grown up OR did he just become smart over night

My God the world has really changed him
                          abcd-1
                          Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
                          You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

Nice generalisation. I chose a small mobo so I could have a small system, it's a nice bonus that my case was easy to make. Now I realise how much I suck I'll have to go buy the biggest fattest mobo I can and shove as many cards as I can into it.

Rob
                            Old Systems retired due to new car
                            New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Oh come on, removing the back from another case? I *did* want a plexi case here! Expansion cards are grounded through their pci/agp/isa contacts anyway. But yes, I have a full-size ATX motherboard with a big ol' SB AUDIGY and G400 in there. If I made another plexi case though, I'd definitely want access to a laser cutter.

Comment

Working...
                              X