• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB conflicts please help

well i did search and

this is what i don't understand i am running mII-12000 with m2-atx
    and this is my set up

usb touch screen connected stright to the motherboard as suggested, second usb port goes to unpovered 4 way usb 2.0 hub, with 2 usb devices plugged in GPS & Bluetooth receiver, the 3 port goes with usb extensions and leads to the 5v powered USB hub, the 5 V ran from the power supply itself to power the hub, and splits to power slimline slot load drive in the glove compartment, everything worked initially, but now my slot load drive isn't functioning, it powers up, ejects and functions, but it's not recognized by usb
    what do i do

Yev
    R. T. F. M

how long is the usb cables that are used w/ the slot-load?

My guess (because i have the same crap happening) is that you may have to power the slot-load rather that get its power from the USB.
    <[[][][][][][][][][][][][]>
    Progress:99% not 100% because theres always something to do...
    Centrafuse on XP (lited)
    EN15000
    120GB 2.5" SATA HD
    1GB DDR2 Ram
    M2-ATX PS
    Slot-Load DVD
    BU-353 GPS w/Mappoint 2k6
    DWW-700M

Comment

I am assuming you have tried the old unplug, restart, plug in a different hole technique? Sometimes USB devices just go nutty when plugged into the same port for too long! Stupid windows...

Other than that it could be some really simple things. I would check your 5v line just to make sure it really is powering the hub. It might have come loose so now the hub is acting on self powered mode or something.

It could even be that the drive has just been a little nudged out of its enclosure. So do like a SNES cartridge, and take it out, blow on it, and shove it back in there. While off of course!
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post

It could even be that the drive has just been a little nudged out of its enclosure. So do like a SNES cartridge, and take it out, blow on it, and shove it back in there. While off of course!
        Actually that's more the procedure for the NES

Comment

5 volt is powering the hub, no lose connections, i tried different ports, and everything, i got rid of the hub, and connected straight through, and it actually started to work, but i need the hub in the glove compartment, so i guess i will have to run more wires

Yev

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
          I am assuming you have tried the old unplug, restart, plug in a different hole technique? Sometimes USB devices just go nutty when plugged into the same port for too long! Stupid windows...

Other than that it could be some really simple things. I would check your 5v line just to make sure it really is powering the hub. It might have come loose so now the hub is acting on self powered mode or something.

R. T. F. M

Comment

Originally posted by guizai View Post
            Actually that's more the procedure for the NES
            NES you can do it while the game is still running sometimes! As long as you don't push any buttons of course.
            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
            X