No announcement yet.

advice on mounting coolling fans on 1/4" mdf

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice on mounting coolling fans on 1/4" mdf

I have my box almost built but I am not sure how to mount the four case fans on 1/4 " mdf since they're usually mounted to a really thin computer case. I was hoping someone could post pics of their install to give me some guidance on how to mount them... I wanted two in the front pulling air in and two on top venting the heat up and out... but the main problem is getting them mounted so they look good.

any advice ??

4 machine bolts, 4 washers, 4 nuts.

allows for tight mounting to prevent rattles. Goto Homedepot/lowes and take the fan with you. find something that fits the hole and is long enough to go through the fan and the wood with a good big of clearance.
    Car : 00' Chrysler 300M
    Speakers : Rainbow Audio SLC 265 | Subs : Diamond Audio D6 12" Subs X2
    Amp's : Hifonics ZXi 6006 AB | Hifonics BXi 1606 D
    CarPC: HP Laptop AMD Sempron 3000+ | 1.5GB RAM | DVD+RW | 80GB 5400RPM HD | ATI R200 Video

wow 4 fans? 2 inflow, 2 outflow?

Also fan grills for the top will help!
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the Store

anyone have pics of their from the inside and out ?? I know I can just mount the fans on the inside and put a cage on the outside but I'm not sure how that will look cosmetically... That would leave a gap between the fan and the cage as big as the thickness of the wood plus it might not look good with the carpeting.... etc...

someone must have done a nice job somewhere...??