Remote power switch for Winbook Si2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote power switch for Winbook Si2

Final step! I want to solder a remote switch to the montherboard of my Winbook Si2, and would like your opinion of where to do it. The motherboard is part number A450W and I attached a photo of the switch and surrounding circuitry. Can you guys give me your best opinion of what/where to connect? I tried the back pins of the switch, but it seems they are only for securing the switch to the board. (just noticed little insects) Thanks!!

There are no external prongs on the front of the switch.

I'll pull the board out and photograph it if that will help anyone help me.
    Thanks.

Comment

Most switches have 4 or 6 solder points. Usually between 2 and 4 are for "mounting" and don't have anything to do with the electrical connections, they are purely mechanical.

Between 2 and 4 are used for the electrical connections. They get "shorted" or connected when you push the button.

What you need is a continuity tester, put one probe to a pin, and then the other to a different pin, and press the button. Keep moving the probes till you find at least 2 pins that have continuity when you press the button.

Looking at the contacts will tell us nothing, this is something you have to try with a continuity tester, by trial and error.

Michael
      ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Working...
      X