Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found this PCI audio AMP, whataya think?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found this PCI audio AMP, whataya think?

Ok, this obviously won't blow anyone's ears off, but I thought I'd throw it up here for those of us who might be looking for a simple audio set up for our carputers:

Cinemar AMP152 Modular Amplifier

While it looked pretty cool, and it boasts "Room filling power" I'm wondering if it might be a little weak for even the most basic stock car stereo. Worth checking out though. If they had one that put out 40Wx2 I'd get it in a heartbeat.
    It is no use saying, 'We are doing our best.' You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.
    Winston Churchill

not bad. But for $125, I would rather get a crappy little car amp!
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

you would get the "all in one box" effect with it, though (if you do in-dash w/ everything else). I'll probably go the car amp route, however.
      It is no use saying, 'We are doing our best.' You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.
      Winston Churchill

Comment

Well they make really tiny amps such as what are used in HU's. I figure that is what this is, but slapped on a PCI spec board.

Still good as an alternative option. Also PCI cards need to be glued down or something for car use, or they will fly away from their socket.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

On the site it doesn't specifically say 15Wx2, do you think it puts out 15 Watts total (so like 7.5x2)? If it was 15Wx2 it *could* work. How much power to most stock head units put out? <--- will look around for this now
          Winston Churchill

Comment

that thing is a gimic. YOu could get much more power for way less money that that. THat isn't even headunit power (Most will do close to 20W with less distorion than that thing). THat is like installing a cheap set of PC speakers in the car. And that thread did not go so well...
            System always under construction

Comment

Jan Bennett
              FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

agreed. am just going to get small car amp. It would be sweet if there was a 45Wx2 PCI amp that would run on a computer PS, alas, it isn't to be.
                Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                X