Nano-itx-sized motherboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nano-itx-sized motherboard

exept nano itx, is there any others small motherboards?
    im no expert into carputers and mini things but im currently looking for a motherboard witch would like;
    5" x 5", something near this. Pentium 3 500mhz+ and under the 130$ limit. Or any other small sized motherboards.
    Project: The 1300$ geek van(1300$ for all, incl. the van cost)
    Planning: 50%
    Stuff: 20%
    Monney: __%
    Knowledge: 35%

Originally posted by agashka View Post
    exept nano itx, is there any others small motherboards?
    im no expert into carputers and mini things but im currently looking for a motherboard witch would like;
    5" x 5", something near this. Pentium 3 500mhz+ and under the 130$ limit. Or any other small sized motherboards.
    Pick three requirements, size, speed, and cost. You can have 2, but not three.

If it is small and powerfull, it is big bucks, if it is cheap and powerfull, you can bet it is big, see what I am getting at.

130 is too little for an SBC that size, though you MIGHT find it if you look long and hard.

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Ecx

itx and its derivative are no longer the unique way to go.

ECX is the new game in town,
      cf http://www.portwell.com/embedded/peb-2730vl.htm

with intel chipset and core duo CPU, this is a more modern option for carputer as of Q1-2007

Comment

....$719.00 if you Froogle it. Pretty damn expensive IMO, but I guess the Nano is too. SBC is your best chance at doing it on the cheap, but they are not exactly plug and play either.
        2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Very quick search on ebay shows these:

first one
          Looks to be about 7"x4.5", currently at $40+$10shipping with 1 day left to go. Kinda underpowered, though.

second one
          5.75"x8", so standard "5 1/4 SBC" size. Socket 370 means you probably can get up to a P3-1.2GHz in there with a tualatin adapter. Currently $5.74+$12shipping with 2 days left to go.

btw, these are NOT my auctions nor have any recommendations for or against them. I'm just showing you that you can find decently small SBCs for relatively cheap.
          Gen 1: Pentium 3 1GHz - ATX - 2005
          Gen 2: Pentium M 1.6GHz - ITX - 2006
          Gen 3: Pentium M 2.0GHz - 5.25" SBC - 2007
          Gen 4: (coming soon: Core2 Duo - 3.5" SBC - 2009)
          ...it never ends

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredwrx View Post
            Pick three requirements, size, speed, and cost. You can have 2, but not three.

If it is small and powerfull, it is big bucks, if it is cheap and powerfull, you can bet it is big, see what I am getting at.

130 is too little for an SBC that size, though you MIGHT find it if you look long and hard.

Michael

I'm running a 3.5" embedded biscuit board. It's 6"x4" but cost me about £230.
            Same board as this : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Advantech-PCM-...QQcmdZViewItem
            It might finish at a good price.
            Old Systems retired due to new car
            New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Widefault has one for sale $100.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=96704
              System always under construction

Comment

@Wiredwrx,
                Yup that was straigh, but i beleive there alternative out there, maybe under power but they is.

At everyone else, thanks! actually im gonna check this out. I love the small one on ebay.

I have a crazy project i want to try: put a pc into a broken DVD player; take a old 7" dvd player, a fat one and make some kind of a laptop. Next: 7" lcd...
                But im not actually 100% sure im gonna do it.
                Project: The 1300$ geek van(1300$ for all, incl. the van cost)
                Planning: 50%
                Stuff: 20%
                Monney: __%
                Knowledge: 35%

Comment

Working...
                X