Blue Tooth dongle not active after being power off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Tooth dongle not active after being power off

I'm having a problem with my bluetooth dongle. When the computer has been off and then powered back on, the bluetooth dongle is not active. I have to pull out the dongle from the usb port and reinsert it. Once I do that, the dongle is perfectly fine and active. If I reboot, same problem occurs.

Other than that, it's the only problem that I have. Has anyone experienced this issue?

Dwaine
    2003 Black Impala

Search for Devcon

This is a common problem with USB ports under Windows. Do a search on this forum for Devcon, which is a utility from MS that allows you to turn the USB port on after power down or hibernation. It is a little complicated, but the information on how to use this program is there.

Cheers and good luck..

Comment

Tried devcon. It did not work. The device just reloads and is not picking up the bluetooth interface. In the device manager, the device is working fine. But in the bluetooth manager, it's still looking for a bluetooth device to be attached.

Pull out the bluetooth dongle, and put it back into the USB port. The bluetooth services are available.

I do notice that when the bluetooth dongle is working, if I reboot the computer. The PC will pick up the dongle and it works perfectly. When the pc is shutdown by the DC-DC power supply, on power up. It's find the dongle, but it's not connected.

It's a completed power off and shutdown.
      2003 Black Impala

Comment

is your dongle connected to a USB hub? I find that certain usb devices work better when connected straight to the computer's USB input.

Comment

I have pulled it into the pc usb connection, then the hub. I added a power adapter to the hub, because I though that it was not getting enough power.

All the same results. I also applied the VIA usb filter patch.

Same out come.....

Tried the widcom drivers, when I discovered this problem.
          Then I tried the IVT drivers. Same issue.

On reboots, it's ok if it's active. On power shutdowns, the device is listed as working. But it's disabled, the the little blue bluetooth logo is black and white.
          2003 Black Impala

Comment

maybe trying a different dongle.. I found my belkin dongle works fine running of the PC.

Comment

Try disabling power monitoring of your USB Root Hubs in Windows Device Manager...
              http://www.fluxmedia.net/

Comment

Dwaine, also make sure Device Manager isn't set to shut off the dongle. In Device Manager, right-click on the dongle, go to Properties, then the Power Management tab, and make sure the box for 'Allow the Computer to turn this device off to save power' is UNCHECKED.
                My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Nola111 View Post
                  Dwaine, also make sure Device Manager isn't set to shut off the dongle. In Device Manager, right-click on the dongle, go to Properties, then the Power Management tab, and make sure the box for 'Allow the Computer to turn this device off to save power' is UNCHECKED.
                  Thanks... I'll check it today and see if it makes a difference.
                  2003 Black Impala

Comment

Hm...

Comment

I looked at the device options. Only the built-in motherboard hubs have the power options. I did set off the power options on all hubs.

Same thing. After a power shutdown, the dongle is not active. The computer does see the bluetooth dongle, and the drivers are loaded. Just not active.

I just hate going to the trunk to pull and re-insert the bluetooth dongle to get it active again.

Any other suggestions? It's a waste of money to get another bluetooth dongle when this one does work, but is inactive after power shutdowns. I'm also worried if I buy a new dongle, I'll have the same problem.

Dwaine
                      2003 Black Impala

Comment

Same problem here despite tried many things.
                        Will get a new Belkin one to try as they are two a penny on eBay nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by wywywywy View Post
                          Same problem here despite tried many things.
                          Will get a new Belkin one to try as they are two a penny on eBay nowadays.
                          I wonder why some adapters have this issue as others don't.
                          2003 Black Impala

Comment

Originally posted by Dwaine View Post
                            I tend to find different brands use different bluetooth stacks like Microsoft, Wildcomm and some brands like Toshiba use there own as well.

The Belkin use a stack that tends to be the most compatible especially if you plan on using Phone Control software like PHOCO to control your mobile phone via Bluetooth.

Althrough its a gamble buying one it will be a worthy investment plus they have a freephone helpline number that can offer setup advice (At least they do in the UK)
                            CarPuter Progress:
                            Planning:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
                            Hardware Buying:-> [||||||||||] 100%
                            Software:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
                            Installing:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
                            Current Project= Making skins in photoshop...

Comment

Originally posted by Dwaine View Post
                              I found Belkin to be pretty good in general, as they almost always use good quality hardware components.

For example, not just Bluetooth dongles, but even things like USB hubs, they use chipsets that are many times more expensive just so that all USB ports can transfer at USB 2.0 speed at the same time instead of sharing the bandwidth like cheap hubs. I think you get the picture. They don't always tell their customers about these "attention to details" but in most cases their hardware is quality.

Sometimes their software is a bit weak but in this case since we all use Widcomm anyway so it doesn't make a difference in terms of software.

Comment

Working...
                              X