Building Fusion Brain FAQ -- Need Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building Fusion Brain FAQ -- Need Questions

We are putting together a new FAQ/Help section and we would like some input on questions to put in there. Also headings.

Currently the headings are:

General
    Hardware
    Software
    Skin Designer

I think maybe an Installation tab may be helpful. Any others?

Then for the meat of it, what sort of questions have you had about this? Post the question, and if it is good for a FAQ type, then we will add it.

Here is the current FAQ area: http://www.fusioncontrolcentre.com/F...lp.php?faq=All

Please note that no questions will actually be answered in this thread. This is just to ask questions that might be helpful for a FAQ. If you need an answer to a question, please make a new thread. Thankyou.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Oh, I got a few of these. Reserved.

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
    You fall asleep there?
    Ya, went to bed while visions of gumdrops and Fusions danced in my head.

I was trying to think of all the questions I want answered but you got most of them already. The ones I had were how it connects to the computer. Which kind of wire is it? How does the USB cable connect to the board? Do I have to buy the USB cable separately or does it come with the basic board purchase? Then I asked how it connects to my electrical item of choice. Which kind of wire is used for this? How does this wire connect to the board? Does it require a relay between the wire and electrical item? I think that's it. A basic diagram like the audio one you got me yesterday would help immensely. It would show people the kind of wires connected on both sides and how they go into the board.

EDIT - ha, now I can't delete my other post.
    Ampie Case
    2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
    256 MB DDR2 PC5400
    Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
    Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
    M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Originally posted by Maheriano View Post
      You fall asleep there?
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

I want to buy a Fusion Brain but I have no electrical knowledge, what are my options?

Will Fusion Brain staff give me installation support if I need it?

How do I integrate Fusion Brain into my front end?
        Continued Worklog... Upgrades in progress:
        *15.4" WXGA LED backlight touchscreen upgrade
        *Custom fiberglass dash bezel

Comment

EDIT - ha, now I can't delete my other post.
          Spliced 'em for you.

Ya, went to bed while visions of gumdrops and Fusions danced in my head.

I was trying to think of all the questions I want answered but you got most of them already. The ones I had were how it connects to the computer. Which kind of wire is it? How does the USB cable connect to the board? Do I have to buy the USB cable separately or does it come with the basic board purchase? Then I asked how it connects to my electrical item of choice. Which kind of wire is used for this? How does this wire connect to the board? Does it require a relay between the wire and electrical item? I think that's it. A basic diagram like the audio one you got me yesterday would help immensely. It would show people the kind of wires connected on both sides and how they go into the board.
          Ok, will do. Sometimes as a designer you forget if you mentioned the little things with enough importance like if it is USB or not... Will be added.

Comment

I spliced it into seperate FAQ and Tutorial tables, and will have a checkbox/button (suggestions/ideas on a good look or style for this?) to show either/or or both. Right now they are both displayed and "there aint nothin' you can do about it".

This is stepping up to a section where users such as you people can create your own tutorials upload them, and have them display on the page. I think those that use this product will be reputable and not abuse this. I think I may have to restrict this feature of posting to customers who are logged in to prevent random postings... But I hope it is coming soon.

Comment

Got this idea from another thread, but perhaps a difficulty rating for the tutorials?

Would that be something of interest?

Comment

What is the unused pins (jumpers) used to?
                How do I integrate my own sensors with only 2 wires?
                2000 Ford Focus - Worklog

Comment

i think u guys def. need a birds eye pic of the board showing all the port names and numbers..

i havnt really looked at mine since i got it, will do when i need it, but this is something that would make life alot easier

Comment

Check the User Manual on the website.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Rocket View Post
                      What is the unused pins (jumpers) used to?
                      How do I integrate my own sensors with only 2 wires?
                      From my question in the main thread:
                      Originally posted by greenman100
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ginigma
                      Not quite what I was after. I was wondering how to use a digital device (dry contact switch (magnetic reed switch) with only 2 wires on an analog input. Since the digital inputs are limited, I want to use some of the analog inputs for this.
                      that's super easy - wire the switch to the two outside pins of the 3 pin analog connector.

Comment

Originally posted by greenman100 View Post
                        Check the User Manual on the website.

I may have deleted that link and not yet put it back up if it was on the FAQ/Help page... i started from scratch for this new page.

The link still works though: http://fusioncontrolcentre.com/Fusio...ersion%201.pdf

Comment

ive seen that but they dont seem to be numbered? are they not all muddled up?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
                            ive seen that but they dont seem to be numbered? are they not all muddled up?
                            The table from port to pins is on the website. A new manual will be updated at some point soon, but as for now the information is on the website here:
                            http://www.fusioncontrolcentre.com/F...p?faq=Hardware

Comment

thanks guys, im aware of this stuff, but i mean just like a image showing the numbers of the pins and ports, correctly u know?

Comment

Working...
                              X