Fusion Brain Software Feature Requests [VERSION 2]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion Brain Software Feature Requests [VERSION 2]

Ok, there are many different threads around with really good ideas for improvements to the software. I have also received emails from people who have suggestions. I have all the emails tagged so I can view them easily, but it takes a lot of time going through threads looking for everyone's ideas.

I would like this thread to be the official "I want blah" thread.

So what do you want to see improved or added to the program?

So far:

Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

.swf support for the skins with the ability for those flash objects to control the software and react to it as well.
    Christmas Car Project 2008

ArrowDash Skin Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow View Post
      .swf support for the skins with the ability for those flash objects to control the software and react to it as well.

Alright... You have any idea how to do this? If so I may need your help for this one, otherwise it will take longer for me to learn on my own. If RR can do it, I am sure I can do it with enough pateince!
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

I've done something similar before, I'll have to dig up my old code. I'll get back to you. Also it would be in VB.NET would you be able to translate?

ArrowDash Skin Worklog

Comment

Just waiting for (COM object version) to be released, as I want to control relays through RoadRunner. Why is this important you ask? I want the ability to control relays through my steering wheel and Girder 3.29 can only communicate to Roadrunner or fusion control centre but not both.

Comment

control of the master volume would be on my wish list.

Comment

Another vote for the COM software - I want to turn a relay on when RR is running, and off when RR is off. It should be dead easy with a DLL to talk to.

Any idea on timings? Not exact, but an idea if it's days, weeks, months or years away?

Thanks

Ian

Comment

Added to the list

Originally posted by wilgartw View Post
                control of the master volume would be on my wish list.
                Added to the list

Originally posted by Vodkapete View Post
                Another vote for the COM software - I want to turn a relay on when RR is running, and off when RR is off. It should be dead easy with a DLL to talk to.

Any idea on timings? Not exact, but an idea if it's days, weeks, months or years away?

Thanks

Ian
                Well I will start on it all again this weekend hopefully. I just got the driver to use the generic WinUSB dll, so now I have to rewrite the communications part of the program and try to debug it. It is very slow goings, but now a few weeks in, I think I am making a breakthrough!

All of these updates I will start working on as soon as the communications is done. I hope by this weekend. The little things like the Digital Input and direct volume control will be first, then COM, then FLash and others.

Remember if you want something in the program I will try to add it. This is a community built program! You wanted rotating needles, so it is in there. You wanted multiple pages and multiple brain support so it is in there. Even some outlandish things, post them. I may find a way to make them feasable.

Comment

I want it to be self-aware.

ArrowDash Skin Worklog

Comment

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

That's amazing.

ArrowDash Skin Worklog

Comment

I want it to be self-aware.
                        Maybe for the next version.

Havent you ever seen that iRobot movie! Maybe we need to add a clause in the warranty about "not responsible for death no matter how non-accidental".

Comment

Ok, the newest release of software is Beta again because of all the changes and I havent tested as thoroghly as I have the others. I havent had anybody tell me they have had problems, so that is good.

So 4 of the features are now available.

By using an analogue input, with a button using the +5v and v_in pins (top and bottom), you can now either toggle the output everytime the button is pressed, or have the output only on or off while the button is pressed.

I have also unlocked the debug screen. In the program click about 3 pixels from the top menu bar a few times. Then hold the left ALT+SHIFT+CTRL while then typing "DEBUG". A little window should popup. Type in "open raw debug" and you should get a window that shows all sorts of stuff.

And of course the biggun, is that it works on Vista and XP now. The install is pretty different for the driver though.

Comment

Could you make a plugin to show info directly in Centrafuse frontend?

Comment

Originally posted by gurob View Post
                              Could you make a plugin to show info directly in Centrafuse frontend?
                              Can Centrafuse read a COM object as RoadRunner can?

Comment

Working...
                              X