Few Questions and a background for a skin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Questions and a background for a skin

Hello, i have been following this project for two months now, and im about ready to participate. heres my vision. I am going to remove my speedometer and tachometer from my project car (BMW E21) and replace them with one 7 inch screen. I am going to keep some physical gauges as they are extremely vital (eg: Fuel Level, Coolant Level, AFR, and Oil Pressure) all the others (eg: Boost, Oil Temp, Tach, Fuel Pressire, EGT, Pre and Post IC temps, and Air To Water Intercooler Reservoir water temp) will be displayed on the screen, i will use the fusion brain to do this and some other neat things. For example, i will have a CO2 Spray bar on the Heat exchanger for the Air to Water Intercooler and if the reservoir temperature gets to high and the throttle is at WOT then i want the Fusion Brain to Open the Solenoid and spray -80 degree CO2 on the heat exchanger and cool off the water.

so heres waht i need, i need to find the easyest way to get these temp and pressure sensors to work with the fusion brain. also i need to see how i can get it to display RPM's, i really just need RPM's for when i want to drive economically as i will have 2 F1 style sequential shift lights that tell me when to shift when im racing.

i have tried to design a skin and its pretty straight forward, ive attached the background image that i designed in like 10 minutes, hopefully i can submit two complete skins and $25+$25 = $50 i can get my fusion brain for shipping cost.

Please help me out i need to know the easyest way to go about connecting all of these analog signals. and the pulse signal from the tach.

thanks
    Attached Files

For the pulse signal, you need a frequency to voltage converter. That then feeds into the Brain, which displays it on the PC.

For temperature and pressure sensors you already have, they are probably resistive. So you will need a voltage divider.

Sounds like a cool project!
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

i just realized the background was the first one i ever made, it was completely off center and sized incorrectly. heres a much better one with digital readout boxes aswell.
      Attached Files

Comment

2k1Toaster, can you check your pm's

Comment

keep this post updated? i want to do very similiar things.. i want to at least extract the rpms and speed from my tacho

Comment

Originally posted by Sp0tteh View Post
            2k1Toaster, can you check your pm's
            Replied.
            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

yeah ill keep this updated. i have a question for you 2ktoaster, i want to use a custom "seven segment LED" font for the numbers but it refuses to work. whats up with that? also i want to submit my skin for your contest. is it ok that all of the values for the gauges are set to default, i think that because everyones sensors may be different if i leave the values at default people can just go in and insert there own. also how many entries have you recieved? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by killerkiko View Post
                yeah ill keep this updated. i have a question for you 2ktoaster, i want to use a custom "seven segment LED" font for the numbers but it refuses to work. whats up with that? also i want to submit my skin for your contest. is it ok that all of the values for the gauges are set to default, i think that because everyones sensors may be different if i leave the values at default people can just go in and insert there own. also how many entries have you recieved? thanks
                The font must be registered as a font in windows. If it is is will show up in the skin designer in the list. If it does not show up, then the font is not installed correctly. If it is showing up in the skin designer list, but not in the main program, then let me know and I will look into it further. I never change fonts so I havent tested that extremely thoroughly using custom fonts, only pre-installed fonts.

And we havent really received any skins as entrants. Everyone has been making their own and not wanting to share or they just dont know about it. I dont know whats up, but you are welcome to enter. I am going to pick the winner probably early december, so whoever wins can get it ordered for the winter break time.

And yes the values can be default. that is fine. Just make sure the skin is readable!

Comment

yes the font is registerd in windows, but it still doesnt come up.

Comment

Originally posted by killerkiko View Post
                    yes the font is registerd in windows, but it still doesnt come up.
                    Come up in the skin designer or in the main program?

Comment

sorry, exude my vaugeness.
                      i have the font registerd in windows, and the font comes up in the skin designer, then i save the skin file and open it with the control center, then everything loads ok, but the font reverts back to arial. i checked the .skin file and in the code it says the proper font that i want to use, yet it refuses to display. the weird thing is it displays some other fonts, its kinda hit or miss with the fonts, oh also, when im in the editor program and i click "Analog inputs>Edit Analog input" then click on an input, i can change it around, then i click "add new analog input" on the bottom, because for some reson it doesnt say "Save" and i end up with another analog input, so instead of editing it it just creates another one with the updated info.

a am a beta tester for microsoft, so i will be giving you complete reprts when i actually get my fusion brain.

Comment

I've seen strange things with the fonts, usually the size changing, when saving with the screen designer. I haven't really cared that much, since I just go into the skin file and do a search & replace.

I haven't tried the latest version though. Hopefully I'll get to that early next week.

Comment

Working...
                        X