Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Fusion Do this?

Ok so another "Can Fusion do this for me?"

I want to setup temperature controlled relays. So my CarPC, Screen wont power up until it hits a specified temperature. Can the fusion do this with a temp sensor.

Im not sure if it can work independately of the carpc or if the brain is basically useless until windows is booted?

Cheers

From what I understand, the brain is basically useless until windows is booted. There are delays that can be set to turn off outputs later, after shutdown. But that's not really going to help you.
    It's been a while...

Comment

Yup, right now the Brain is useless until the PC boots. But you can get the PC to boot, and then turn on the screen.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
        Yup, right now the Brain is useless until the PC boots. But you can get the PC to boot, and then turn on the screen.
        Ok makes sense.. So it will half work for my situation..

With that said.. Does the fusion software run as a service?

Comment

You can set it to startup on windows load just as you can do with RoadRunner and other programs. And there are default states, so once the computer boots, it loads the programs, it sends commands to the outputs for the default state.
          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

That usage would fit in well with the rear camera-A/V select function usage someone was talking about in the big thread, way back when.
            It's been a while...

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
              You can set it to startup on windows load just as you can do with RoadRunner and other programs. And there are default states, so once the computer boots, it loads the programs, it sends commands to the outputs for the default state.
              Ok thanks. But does it run as a Startup Application or a service? before logon or after in otherwords.

Comment

I'm sure I don't know enough to have an opinion on the matter, but why would one have a need for it to run as a service?
                I cant imagine a carPC with different accounts and the need for a user logon. How much time would it buy to have it start with the system services?
                Is there another benefit?
                It seems that when windows introduced the delayed start-up, they were recognizing that too many services starting up at the same time was a problem.
                I guess having the screen available asap is a nice thing though.
                It's been a while...

Comment

Originally posted by h3rk View Post
                  I'm sure I don't know enough to have an opinion on the matter, but why would one have a need for it to run as a service?
                  I cant imagine a carPC with different accounts and the need for a user logon. How much time would it buy to have it start with the system services?
                  Is there another benefit?
                  It seems that when windows introduced the delayed start-up, they were recognizing that too many services starting up at the same time was a problem.
                  I guess having the screen available asap is a nice thing though.
                  More a time thing for me.. I know anything i run as a service on my CarPC starts at ;east 2-seconds earlier than the rest..

Its not a huge deal i was just curious..

Comment

Working...
                  X