problem with software install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with software install

after installing the software, I get a error message. "there are no fusion products connected to the computer that are setup for your skin file". "cause of this is #setdeviceinstance# has incorrect instance ID". can someone help me with this. I downloaded the newest version which is 2.2.1
    also in the device manager the device has a yellow question mark next to it, but it says its working properly. it don'nt say da fusion it says pic18f4550 family device.
    https://www.facebook.com/hinnantdesign1

Originally posted by customaudioman View Post
    after installing the software, I get a error message. "there are no fusion products connected to the computer that are setup for your skin file". "cause of this is #setdeviceinstance# has incorrect instance ID". can someone help me with this. I downloaded the newest version which is 2.2.1
    also in the device manager the device has a yellow question mark next to it, but it says its working properly. it don'nt say da fusion it says pic18f4550 family device.
    Which drivers did you install?

Also, you need to check the hardware device ID, and copy that too your skin file just as the error says. Near the top of the skin file, it should say "#SETDEVICEINSTANCE#USB\VID...." and that whole thing is unique to every computer. So right click on the device in the device manager, go to driver details, hardware ID or isntance ID depending on if you are XP or Vista, and copy that number to the skin file.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

my device does'nt even show up in device manager. only when I try to add new hardware it shows up as pic18f4550. then in the control panel when looking at all programs that are installed. Fusion brain does nt show up as a program.

Comment

my device does'nt even show up in device manager. only when I try to add new hardware it shows up as pic18f4550. then in the control panel when looking at all programs that are installed. Fusion brain does nt show up as a program.
        The software and the driver are very seperate entities.

Make sure you are using the newest driver download (should have winusb.sys as 1 of many files).

If it says "missing part of the inf file", add the line "[ClassInstall32]" near the end right before the strings.

The software does not register itself in the "Add/Remove Programs" area. That requires a registry entry, and I did not want the software to be intrusive like that. Just double click the exe you download. That is the program. You can make a folder for it, make shortcuts to it, whatever you want...
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

okay, I just want to start the process over, cause Im confused. So I go to your web site and download which drivers? and which program?

Comment

do I download fusion control centre dynamic (full 1.6) or fusion control centre dynamic for xp and vista (full 2.2.1)?? what hardware drivers do I download? version 2.0, all drivers or
            hardware driver only? or what?

Comment

You want version 2.0 drivers. You don't need the software yet to get it to show up right in device manager.
              It's been a while...

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                The software and the driver are very seperate entities.

Make sure you are using the newest driver download (should have winusb.sys as 1 of many files).

If it says "missing part of the inf file", add the line "[ClassInstall32]" near the end right before the strings.

The software does not register itself in the "Add/Remove Programs" area. That requires a registry entry, and I did not want the software to be intrusive like that. Just double click the exe you download. That is the program. You can make a folder for it, make shortcuts to it, whatever you want...
                I got the drivers to work, thanks. It was missing "classinstall32" in the file. Now, which version of the software to I use?

Comment

I got the drivers to work, thanks. It was missing "classinstall32" in the file. Now, which version of the software to I use?
                  Glad to hear it is working now!

Ok for software here is the thing... Version 2 is out on the website download, it is stable, it functions, it does everything, but is a PITA to skin for if you are not me apparently as my twisted mind seemed to influence it. However, Version 3 (The Uber) is only available for Beta on mp3car. I think it works fully, but I have not tested it completely so there may still be bugs. It is still in developement, but is super intuitive on skinning... So the choice is yours. I will be abondonning V2 once V3 (Uber) comes out.

Comment

Glad to hear it is working now!

Ok for software here is the thing... Version 2 is out on the website download, it is stable, it functions, it does everything, but is a PITA to skin for if you are not me apparently as my twisted mind seemed to influence it. However, Version 3 (The Uber) is only available for Beta on mp3car. I think it works fully, but I have not tested it completely so there may still be bugs. It is still in developement, but is super intuitive on skinning... So the choice is yours. I will be abondonning V2 once V3 (Uber) comes out.
                    I downloaded the 2.0 version. It works when I click on the shortcut. but when I try to close the program, it has an error message. "Unable to load DLL 'mpusbi.dll'. The specified module could not be found (exception from HRESULT: 0X8007007E) I have no idea what that means. are there any updates that would fix the problem with 2.0?

Comment

Yeah, that is an error with the program because I still had a call to the old dll. It was fixed in the next version. Please use the latest version 2.2.1. There is a reason why there were updates.

Comment

Yeah, that is an error with the program because I still had a call to the old dll. It was fixed in the next version. Please use the latest version 2.2.1. There is a reason why there were updates.
                        when I open the 2.2.1 version, it give me an error

Comment

now I have both version on my desktop. does'nt the new version overwrite the older version? Do I put both together in the same file? or what? when I click on the fcc file and then program, I get an error has incorrect instance ID. how do I set it or fix it?

Comment

these exe's aren't the kind that need to be "installed" ( yet ), so you can just delete the file that had the old one, and extract and open the new one. Now you are going to have to open the configuration file, and set the brain's instance ID to the correct value (look in hardware manager for your brain's ID under device path or instance path) there are a few threads explaining this, and they really aren't all that long. Read the other threads in the software subforum.
                            It's been a while...

Comment

I copied the instance to a file in note pad. and saved it as "VIDPID.inf. I just need to know where to put it

Comment

Working...
                              X