Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

few questions about hook up of fusion brain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • few questions about hook up of fusion brain

    Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
    For amp delay, as long as it takes less than 400mA-500mA, then just directly take an output pin and use it for the amp turn on as it will send 12v out.

    The steering wheel controls if you look behind the HU, will be most likely 1 wire resistive. So 1 more reisistor paried with the maximum resistance of those buttons is how you connect it. (voltage divider).

    The thump is because your drivers load after your amp is on. By wiring the brain to turn the amp on, it wont turn on until windows is loaded (sound drivers are too), so the thump will disappear.

    Also if you are using a PSU like the M2, and it reboots on crank, you may want to review your wire thickness, because that should not ever happen even with a cheapo battery.
    I use a $400 dry call battery. What do you mean by the wire is not thick enough? I use a
    8 gauge power wire. I use the opus 150 power supply. just wondering when I crank my engine, does the radio acc wire lose power during the crank? because I have the yellow acc wire from the power supply tap into the radio acc instead of ignition switch.on the steering wheel control, are you saying there is only one wire for that controls volume up,down, next track, mode(cd,fm,am,aux)? Or there is a wire to the head unit for each?
    or each button has a one resistive wire for each button? thanks. also once I figure this stuff out, is there a how to log or something on how to program with each button?
    https://www.facebook.com/hinnantdesign1

  • #2
    few questions about hook up of fusion brain

    first if Im hooking up the brain for a remote delay for the amp, how would I go about doing so? second, once I find the wires on the back of head unit that controls the headunit from steering wheel, do i just tap into each wire? or is there more then that? also I have a loud thump through all my speakers when turning the carputer and amps on. and also when the carputer is already on, then I turn the key to start the car it reboots under the crank which cause the same thump sound. is there a way to fix that? thanks
    https://www.facebook.com/hinnantdesign1

    Comment


    • #3
      For amp delay, use a relay to switch a 12v wire to the amp.

      The steering wheel controls if you look behind the HU, will be most likely 1 wire resistive. So 1 more reisistor paried with the maximum resistance of those buttons is how you connect it. (voltage divider).

      The thump is because your drivers load after your amp is on. By wiring the brain to turn the amp on, it wont turn on until windows is loaded (sound drivers are too), so the thump will disappear.

      Also if you are using a PSU like the M2, and it reboots on crank, you may want to review your wire thickness, because that should not ever happen even with a cheapo battery.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by customaudioman View Post
        I use a $400 dry call battery. What do you mean by the wire is not thick enough? I use a
        8 gauge power wire. I use the opus 150 power supply. just wondering when I crank my engine, does the radio acc wire lose power during the crank? because I have the yellow acc wire from the power supply tap into the radio acc instead of ignition switch.on the steering wheel control, are you saying there is only one wire for that controls volume up,down, next track, mode(cd,fm,am,aux)? Or there is a wire to the head unit for each?
        or each button has a one resistive wire for each button? thanks. also once I figure this stuff out, is there a how to log or something on how to program with each button?
        8awg should be sufficient, but dying on crank is not normal.

        And yes 1 wire goes from all the buttons to the HU. 1 wire for all for them. It changes resistance depending on what button you press. Very common.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

        Comment


        • #5
          See edit to post 3

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
            8awg should be sufficient, but dying on crank is not normal.

            And yes 1 wire goes from all the buttons to the HU. 1 wire for all for them. It changes resistance depending on what button you press. Very common.
            so basically I connect all three digital input wires from the fusion brain or just one input on the brain instead of three for each of the buttons to the steering wheel control wire?
            https://www.facebook.com/hinnantdesign1

            Comment


            • #7
              [QUOTE=2k1Toaster;1162944]8awg should be sufficient, but dying on crank is not normal.

              And yes 1 wire goes from all the buttons to the HU. 1 wire for all for them. It changes resistance depending on what button you press. Very commo

              after it die on the crank, it comes back on within ten sec. It stay on then. then when I shut the engine off, turn the key to acc it fine for like 10-20 minutes then it shut down on its own. Then boots back up after ten sec. and stays on for a while. I only tried 30 minutes. then turn it off completely, it shut down the right way then after I take the key out. The carputer stays off.
              https://www.facebook.com/hinnantdesign1

              Comment


              • #8
                okay I called honda, found the wire, which is the green/red wire in the radio harness behind the HU. on the sheet it shows the ohms for each button control. do I have to use those vaules or can I use any resistors on the wire for each control?
                https://www.facebook.com/hinnantdesign1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Do you have a multimeter?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by greenman100 View Post
                    Do you have a multimeter?
                    I do have multimeter. the sheet give me all the ohms resistances of the wire. do i just by these resistors?
                    https://www.facebook.com/hinnantdesign1

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      no, you shouldn't need any other resistors.

                      What you need to do is set your volt meter to measure DC volts, in the range of 15 volts or so. Then, attach the positive lead of the MM to the brown wire, and the negative lead of the MM to a sutiable ground, or the negative terminal of your battery. Then, press different switches and write down the voltage you read for each one. Post those here.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by greenman100 View Post
                        no, you shouldn't need any other resistors.

                        What you need to do is set your volt meter to measure DC volts, in the range of 15 volts or so. Then, attach the positive lead of the MM to the brown wire, and the negative lead of the MM to a sutiable ground, or the negative terminal of your battery. Then, press different switches and write down the voltage you read for each one. Post those here.
                        thanks, will do. my mm has 200m,2000m,20v,200v,1000 on the dcv. can I just use 20v? and by looking at the wires on the page, I think it the green/red wire instead of the brown. I think the brown is for navigation controls. after finding the voltage of each, would I have to buy resistors?
                        https://www.facebook.com/hinnantdesign1

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by customaudioman View Post
                          thanks, will do. my mm has 200m,2000m,20v,200v,1000 on the dcv. can I just use 20v? and by looking at the wires on the page, I think it the green/red wire instead of the brown. I think the brown is for navigation controls. after finding the voltage of each, would I have to buy resistors?
                          20v, means it will display anything up to 20v with the correct decimal placing and such. Its not an auto set multimeter apparently.

                          My guess is you will need to buy a resistor as I have explained in the PMs.
                          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                            20v, means it will display anything up to 20v with the correct decimal placing and such. Its not an auto set multimeter apparently.

                            My guess is you will need to buy a resistor as I have explained in the PMs.
                            Is that just for one button? I have three buttons on the steering wheel. for each button, do I need to use three digital inputs on the fusion brain?
                            https://www.facebook.com/hinnantdesign1

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by customaudioman View Post
                              Is that just for one button? I have three buttons on the steering wheel. for each button, do I need to use three digital inputs on the fusion brain?
                              Ok, there are 2 ways of doing things.

                              First way, every button goes to a digital input. For this, you solder to the actual button wherever it is. If it is the steering wheel, then you will have to be careful of the wires twisting.

                              Second way, is to use the factory steering wheel control. This sends all buttons on 1 resistive wire. Depending on what buttons you push this one signle wire changes values. Just like the schematic says.

                              So a bagillion buttons goes on 1 wire. That is what you measure to an analogue input.

                              I think you are confusing things. This works just like any other steering wheel controller.
                              Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                              1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                              30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                              Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X