Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the creators

hey man,
    I just now are getting ready to program the FB. I was wondering a few things.

Is there a way that I can program like a "demo" feature on the FB so when I'm at shows I can select that and have the front left lower, front right raise, back left raise, back right lower.

if I want to control cathodes, what do I need? a cathode needs 12Volts. also I'm looking to control an actuator also.

Also, how can I make the air ride fill as soon as the carpc is turned on? or do I have to wait till windows boots up to have MDX startup?

Thanks

steve
    My Car!

Sure. Are you using Version 2.0 or MDX?

You need a relay for each device. Cathode or actuator, same thing as long as the load is under 25 amps.

Comment

how do I know what version I'm using?
      My Car!

Comment

does your configuration file end in .skin or .xml?

Comment

xml but to wich question does that answer??
          My Car!

Comment

That means you're using Version MDX. Nick will be along shortly to help you with it specifically - again, I just do hardware.

Comment

I know thanks for the quick response, again.
              My Car!

Comment

Originally posted by dasaint80 View Post
                hey man,
                I just now are getting ready to program the FB. I was wondering a few things.

Is there a way that I can program like a "demo" feature on the FB so when I'm at shows I can select that and have the front left lower, front right raise, back left raise, back right lower.

if I want to control cathodes, what do I need? a cathode needs 12Volts. also I'm looking to control an actuator also.

Also, how can I make the air ride fill as soon as the carpc is turned on? or do I have to wait till windows boots up to have MDX startup?

Thanks

steve
                Hi.

For your demo you want basically an "animation" or a set sequence of movements when the button is clicked to show off the various options correct?

If so yes this is doable with MDX which is the version you are using (configuration ends in *.xml)

The Fusion Brain does not work independantly from the PC. So once the PC boots, there is a default state for the MDX program that is settable. So as soon as the PC boots and MDX loads, it can turn on the relays for you and fill it up. With a properly optimized system this can be 10 to 20 seconds. Standby is obviously faster.
                Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

with the new Version(.skin) what's the difference? also where can I find a simple definition of each actions? for both old(*.XML) and new (*.skin)?

I want this cause I have very very very basic C++ programming. I have some VB and alot HTML....

Just trying to stay ahead for any future configs I might want to do.

Thanks

Steve
                  My Car!

Comment

you have it backwards. MDX is the newest and uses xml. Version 2 is almost not supported anymore and uses the skin file.
                    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

Originally posted by dasaint80 View Post
                      with the new Version(.skin) what's the difference? also where can I find a simple definition of each actions? for both old(*.XML) and new (*.skin)?

I want this cause I have very very very basic C++ programming. I have some VB and alot HTML....

Just trying to stay ahead for any future configs I might want to do.

Thanks

Steve
                      old is .skin, new is .xml

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                        Hi.

For your demo you want basically an "animation" or a set sequence of movements when the button is clicked to show off the various options correct?
                        How do I start this "animation" sequence?

What code sequence am I looking for?

Thanks

Steve

P.S. you got PM.
                        My Car!

Comment

^^^^bump^^^^
                          My Car!

Comment

Sorry I saw this, but I forgot to answer.

Basically create a variable and set it to 0. Have a logic saying, varaible = variable + 1. Then another logic saying if variable is greater than x where x is the number of frames you want, then variable = 0. This will make the variable go 0,1,2,3,4,...x,0,1,2,...

Then make 1 logic for each number from 0 to x [n], and say if variable equals n, and attach to an output. In this logic's do then statement, add what you want to happen like trigger digital outputs or something.

Also we do custom skinning for $20/hr, but this is not possible at the moment as both Tim and I are very busy. If it is an emergency we can work something out.

Comment

Working...
                            X