Drivers not working on new D201GLY2A board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers not working on new D201GLY2A board

I just upgraded my carpc to the new Intel D201GLY2A motherboard (Celeron 220). I can't get my freshly installed windows XP SP3 to accept the fusion control drivers. Somehow windows XP is not convinced the drivers are correct for the hardware and refuses to install them. These same drivers worked fine on my previous carpc.

Next I decided to download the newer XP/Vista drivers and again same thing.

Disconnecting all other USB devices, and moving to different ports made no difference. Also Fusion is plugged directly in the USB port without any hubs to complicate things if that helps any.

Anyone with the same motherboard have any success?

are you using the alldrivers download or the hardwaredrivers download? It only worked with the hardwaredrivers download for me.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Can you post a screenshot of the error message?

Comment

The drivers I tried out were:

All drivers (version unknown from my previous install).
        Hardware driver only (01/05/2007)
        Hardware driver only version 2.0 (5/10/2007)
        Fusion Control Centre Dynamic for XP and Vista [FULL] (3/11/2007) version 2.2.1

I was thinking of taking a screen snapshot, but didn't have a keyboard handy at the time. I'll get you some screen shots.

Comment

No fusion plugged in.

Fusion plugged in, comes in as unknown device.

Error message I receive when I try installing any fusion drivers.

Properties of unknown device.

Comment

That helps a lot.

It looks like the firmware got corrupted somehow. Can you test it on your old CarPC or another computer?

Comment

The old carpc is gone, but I brought out my notebook computer which originally had fusion control installed last year, and no success on that either. So I guess that confirms my fusion brain no longer works. I'm a little puzzled as how the firmware got corrupt considering I built/loaded all the software on the carpc before installing it in the car -- the only thing I left undone was install fusion.

Comment

Static discharge. It's happened to one other customer.

Email us at the gmail address, and we'll get you a new PIC ASAP. We just ask that you mail the old one back.

Comment

Ok, I have the same symptoms as BlackStealth, and I'm using the same motherboard too. However, the FB still works on a different PC.

I tried to disable USB 2.0 and turn on Legacy support, no change. Turned on USB 2.0 and turned off legacy support, no change. Updated the BIOS on the motherboard to the latest version (0137), no change.

This is with my original PIC. There is a new PIC en-route to fix the analog input precision issue I was having, so I'll try this out with that PIC.

Blackstealth, did a new PIC resolve this for you?

Comment

Hmmm... that doesn't sound good.

It almost sounds like a USB controller incompatibility, like the AMD guys.

Comment

Oh that doesn't sound good at all. What options does this leave me with? Do you suspect it is a USB chipset issue, an issue with the USB drivers, or something on the Microchip side?

-Lance

Comment

Originally posted by mx270a View Post
                        Oh that doesn't sound good at all. What options does this leave me with? Do you suspect it is a USB chipset issue, an issue with the USB drivers, or something on the Microchip side?

-Lance
                        We have a known problem (with no known solution) with non Intel 82801 controllers and I have no idea why. The only computers I can get my hands on and the same with Tim all use the 82801 and work fine. All the computers at our universities and all of our personal computers use this chipset so it must be very popular and it works fine.

What is your USB controller?

Do you get any message when you plug it in? Something like "Device malfunctioned" or "Unknown Device" or nothing at all?
                        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

I believe a balloon popped up from the taskbar that said "Unknown Device", but I'm not sure. That PC is in the tractor at the farm, so I'll check it out again tomorrow.

Comment

Is it an AMD or Intel?
                            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

It's an Intel D201GLY2 board.

Comment

Working...
                              X