Fusion Brain Reloaded

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion Brain Reloaded

We have finished the design of the next Fusion Brain.

Improvements over old brain:
    • 16 Digital Outputs
    • 13 Analog Inputs
    • Selectable Power Source (USB or 12vDC Jack)
    • 30% smaller form factor (70mm X 45mm)
    • I2C Bus Port for the addition of Character LCDs, more inputs, more outputs, and user accessible EEPROM
    • Better power filtering and protection
    • Ability to update firmware via USB
    • Ability to update firmware via ICSP header in event of bootloader corruption
    • Improved signal routing for analog inputs

We just finished the design, now we need to spend a week or so inspecting it for flaws. If anyone is looking for feature we haven't implemented, now is the time to ask.

Additionally, we are taking suggestions for the name of the new board. So far, all we have is "Fusion Brain Reloaded".

I'd be interested on getting one, 16 outputs would work perfect for me.....

interesting.....
    My Car!

Comment

Hey greenman,

Cool, Fusionbrain 2.0!

Quick question, how easy will it be to utilize character LCDs, and what else would be needed...software and programming? Sorry, that's just one area I know nothing, zero, nada about, but always wanted to use.

Thanks!
      Working on - 2006 Cadillac Escalade with all the TOYS!

COMPLETE! - 2002 Cadillac DTS - Summer 2008 - SOLD SUMMER 2010

COMPLETE! - 1998 Cadillac Deville Concours - Summer 2007 - SOLD SUMMER 2008

Comment

Originally posted by quantum View Post
        Hey greenman,

Cool, Fusionbrain 2.0!

Quick question, how easy will it be to utilize character LCDs, and what else would be needed...software and programming? Sorry, that's just one area I know nothing, zero, nada about, but always wanted to use.

Thanks!
        The idea is that we will have something somewhat similar to the skin designer, but for Character LCDs. It would only have Text labels and Text values. It would store the configuration to the PIC's EEPROM.

Does that help?

Comment

lol mine has sat here in my room for months now, awaiting my ride back from the paint shop, and it looks like it will still sit here, i want the new one!! i can use both can i not?

you guys really need to release a final software for the moment and documentation so evryone can get on the same page? and plenty o examples for simpletons like me lol

Also with this LCD screen, can u plug in numeric pads? is it the same sort of deal? i think a numeric pad being able to be plugged in to it, to password the whole PC would be cool...

Comment

Originally posted by greenman100 View Post
            The idea is that we will have something somewhat similar to the skin designer, but for Character LCDs. It would only have Text labels and Text values. It would store the configuration to the PIC's EEPROM.

Does that help?
            Would this mean that it can run stand-alone? Just using the lcd as output and some digital ins as input?

Or is that a bit much to ask

Anyway, great work you guys, I'll be interested in carrying this as soon as our office problems are over

Joachim
            List of front-ends/usefull apps
            XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

damn! now you tell us. I just bought a fusion brain 1.0
              Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

guns reload .. brains evolve. Fusion Brain: Evovled!
                mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

when i saw v1.0 go on sale i knew you had something up your sleeves glad i waited sounds awesome either way
                  .______
                  | '_ |__\___
                  [(o)|___(o)] XB
                  ._________
                  | I__I I_I|_\__I
                  [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

Originally posted by JC-S60 View Post
                    Would this mean that it can run stand-alone? Just using the lcd as output and some digital ins as input?

Or is that a bit much to ask

Anyway, great work you guys, I'll be interested in carrying this as soon as our office problems are over

Joachim
                    Yes, that is the idea.

I may not be able to finish the firmware by the time the boards are ready (you know, with graduating and all) but with the ability to upgrade over USB, that won't be an issue.

Comment

Ah-ha!

Hense the recent big sale.................

Still happy I'm getting a v1 brain though.

<if I only had a brain><scarecrow voice>
                      For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
                      Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by -zip- View Post
                        grrr where is this "drop down box" for the 12v plug for 2 bucks, im must be blind and will never win Are you smarter than a 5th grader. Great deal btw!

You are not going to come out with the FusionBrainUltraDeluxePlus the next day after the sale are you?
                        My quote during the 3 day sale. My ability to predict the future can be rented to any one at MP3Car.com for $100/hr special member price.
                        2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
                        2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
                        Sound Stage
                        Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

Originally posted by -zip- View Post
                          My quote during the 3 day sale. My ability to predict the future can be rented to any one at MP3Car.com for $100/hr special member price.
                          Nick and I laughed when we saw this post actually.

Comment

I also figured the updated model was on the way, and thus they wanted to clear out the old inventory. Of course I needed a spare anyway, so I'm fine with the old brain for right now.

How about just Version 2 or "v2". If you guys come up with more new features in a year that require more than just firmware, then you'll need another new name. Plan that in just in case.

-Lance

Comment

The funny thing is, we cleared out more inventory than we had... so we had to put in another large order :-/

Comment

Working...
                              X