alternative to obdII?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alternative to obdII?

Is it possible to use a fusion brain to get data from the speed and RPM gauges? I am wondering if I can use this instead of obdII which updates way to slow to use as a digital dash.
    I assume it is possible so could I display this data in an analog gauge style with the FB software?
    Thanks
    My BMW E46 carpc
    My iGuidance 4 skin
    FS transflective 2008 lilliput

It is possible, but you would have to devise a circuit to convert the data to a 0-5 volt signal.

Comment

Originally posted by kelmk View Post
      Is it possible to use a fusion brain to get data from the speed and RPM gauges? I am wondering if I can use this instead of obdII which updates way to slow to use as a digital dash.
      I assume it is possible so could I display this data in an analog gauge style with the FB software?
      Thanks
      Just curious as to what you might be using to interface your obd with? I use an elm327 through the serial port and I have no issues what so ever with the speed of it. I use palmer performance's dash command software in which I built my own dash board including a speedometer, tach, MAF, Coolant Temp., Voltage, and Intake Air Temp., all of which I display both with analog sweep gauges and digital readouts. It functions without any problems, and since my stock dash is useless in combination with my tilt wheel and driving habits, I really rely on it.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	impala.png
Views:	1
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	2269744

Comment

I use a usb elm327 and using pcmscan demo which only shows rpm I get around 5 fps.
        Other obdII software gives me around the same frame rate. I haven't tried dash command since the trial won't let me use real data, only simulated.
        My BMW E46 carpc
        My iGuidance 4 skin
        FS transflective 2008 lilliput

Comment

well I wont tell you that this is the best solution for you, but I was so impressed with the dash command program that I went ahead and purchased the pcmscan program also, I never looked at frame rates or anything, but for real world use I find no problems at all. you might get on their forums and ask brian about your concerns, but for me this solution works very well.

how are you interfacing the elm, usb, serial, bluetooth?
          nevermind i see you said USB above

Comment

Working...
          X