Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Run with PC off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Run with PC off

    Has anyone found a solution for running the Fusion Brain (FB) with the PC powered off? Or possibly a similar device than can be programmed?

  • #2
    well, no. not really. you could program another chip and you would have to do your own board for it. If you've done that sort of thing before, there are some options. Google cublok for a PLC on a chip (BASIC and ladder logic programming needed there), but someone pointed it out in my HVAC thread and it is sexy. You could make that puppy do pretty much whatever you want, but it is starting from scratch.

    I know it's still something they hope to support someday.
    It's been a while...

    Comment


    • #3
      So what exactly do you want the fusion brain to control when the PC power is off?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Civic Modz View Post
        So what exactly do you want the fusion brain to control when the PC power is off?
        anti-theft counter-measures, such as 120 decibel "pain" generators.

        Comment


        • #5
          If you have an exsiting car alarm couldn't you connect your 120DB pain generator to that?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Civic Modz View Post
            If you have an exsiting car alarm couldn't you connect your 120DB pain generator to that?
            yeah, but I want to have something that a thief couldn't disarm just by unhooking the car's battery. I'll probably have a second, much smaller, battery to power the pain generators. I've heard of way too many stories of thieves disconnecting the battery and then working in absolute peace. If they are going to steal my **** I want thier ears to bleed afterwards.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BrownieMan View Post
              yeah, but I want to have something that a thief couldn't disarm just by unhooking the car's battery. I'll probably have a second, much smaller, battery to power the pain generators. I've heard of way too many stories of thieves disconnecting the battery and then working in absolute peace. If they are going to steal my **** I want thier ears to bleed afterwards.
              Some alarms utilize a backup battery for that purpose.
              ~Jimmy

              Comment


              • #8

                Comment


                • #9


                  battery in the alarm speaker. FTW!
                  Um, I guess this is where you put something witty.WITTY

                  My Web site, in the design stage. http://home.comcast.net/~cstrachn

                  Modified RRSkinEditor http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65723

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X