Fusion brain control project help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion brain control project help?

I am considering having a fusion brain as the central control centre in my car? I am a newbie and only have a basic knowledge of the car pc and electronics world.

I would like to use the fusion brain to contol some of my cars functions
    Lights, windows, start/stop, electric tailgate and bonnet? would this be possible?

Also I am looking to try and have my car pc and kenwood headunit controlled from a hand help palm pc outside the car?

Is any of ths possible?

Has anyone done it?

How hard will it be?

For lights, windows, trunk, and hood, it would be pretty simple. Do you already have electric release for those? If not you will need something to do the work, then the Fusion Brain will control those parts. So the actuator in the trunk will be controlled by the FB.

Start/Stop is not something we suggest you do. Not to say you cant, but we cannot tell you to do that as it breaks a few laws in many countries.

CarPC controlled by a remoted device is easy. You cannot control a HU though at all.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

all of these features are to be put onto my show car and this car does not actually get driven on the road so being road legal is not an issue!

How do I find out more information about how to make the connections, which wires to use? writing the software to do this?

Its all very new to me?

thanks for the response - hope you can assist?

Comment

Originally posted by phantome46 View Post
        all of these features are to be put onto my show car and this car does not actually get driven on the road so being road legal is not an issue!

How do I find out more information about how to make the connections, which wires to use? writing the software to do this?

Its all very new to me?

thanks for the response - hope you can assist?
        Which wires is dependant on your car.

To control lights, put the relay inline with the lights power wire. Or if you want 2 controls (1 PC and the other a manual override, you just need to add some more relays in different configurations. It all depends on what you want to do.

To control windows, you need 2 relays per window. 1 on the up line, 1 on the down line. That sort of thing.

As for the software, just ask and we will point you in the right direction.
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

Not meanin' to 'jack this thread but reading it made a question pop into my head...

How would you use a light sensor inline with existing light switches to turn the lights on automatically at dusk? Would it go between the FB and relay or between the relay and lights?
          Thanks,

Dan

Comment

Think of the Fusion Brain as the hub.

Light sensor goes to Fusion Brain. Relay goes to Fusion Brain. Using the light sensor data, the brain can decide to turn the relay on or off.

Comment

Doh...light sensor is input, relay output.

I knew that, my brain (the organic one) just wasn't plugged in.
              Thanks,

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Dan2008 View Post
                Doh...light sensor is input, relay output.

I knew that, my brain (the organic one) just wasn't plugged in.
                It happens to everyone

Comment

The cool thing about it is; now you can do other programmatic things with that same input, without affecting the output you initially needed it for. Say light activated headlights, screen dimmer, sunload for HVAC, etc..
                  Now there are switches that just close/open based on light at a pre-determined level and there are analog ouput light sensors. I don't know what you have, but with the analog output, and setup like mentioned above, you can change the setpoints in software, which is pretty cool too. Harder to do with hardwired stuff, which is by nature, less flexible.
                  I love this stuff. The sky really is the limit.
                  It's been a while...

Comment

Yeah, I thought about that--a single light sensor turns the headlights on, switches to night skin, sets the mood lighting, turns on the flame throwers...

I can't wait until I get my truck far along enough to start with this stuff. I'm gonna have as much fun as a mad scientist.
                    Thanks,

Dan

Comment

Working...
                    X