Sending Keystrokes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending Keystrokes

I have the fusion brain installed in the car and I must say it's a great product! Got it monitoring and controlling all sorts of things Just have one more thing to do - the steering wheel controls.

I have the steering wheel controls (1 wire resistive) working with winamp by sending keys with logic statements - no hassles. However I want to get them working with my frontend, Centrafuse. I have tried everything, entering all sorts of things in the title, class fields in the MDX Configurator . I've also tried selecting the Centrafuse window using "Find Target" and using the info it gives but to no avail.

The interesting thing is that Centrafuse registers it's hotkeys globally to Windows (e.g. the application doesn't need focus to accept hotkeys). So, to get around my Centrafuse problem, is there a way of getting MDX to send a key globally to Windows?

change the function from "send key" to "send key to foreground" and it will just blindly press the key. That way it will go to whatever application is ontop or if it is global, then to that too.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Thanks toaster... I'll try it out when I get home. Although I don't recall seeing the option "send key to foreground" in the MDX Configurator. I'm pretty sure I have the latest version of the software too. Do I have to edit the XML directly to do this or can it be done through the configurator?

Comment

nope it is not in the configurator. You have to manually edit the xml file. I have it in my version of the config, but it isnt released yet.
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

So can you send more than one character at a time? CTRL+F or whatever?

Comment

use "::" between the keys and it will only work for the "send key" not foreground key at the moment. I can add it to foreground, but the add to foreground was very much an afterthought.

So your vote would be "CTRL::F"

Comment

Thanks 2k, what I'm looking to do is send a keystroke to windows to activate AutoHotkey. This would allow me to map any number of actions to analog inputs. Could you please add this functionality?

Comment

I have never had any luck getting the FusionBrain to send keystrokes. I have it working that a button push will enable/disable a logging instance.

But when i try send a keystroke. Nothing. Here is what im trying for testing. Is the syntax correct?

<do function="Send Key to foreground" vote_opinion="F11" vote_priority="Low"></do>

Comment

If you are pushing a button to send the F11, then the foreground window is FCC... So you are sending a button to FCC.

That is why there is "send key" which requires a window target/class name. Otherwise it is being sent to the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                    If you are pushing a button to send the F11, then the foreground window is FCC... So you are sending a button to FCC.

That is why there is "send key" which requires a window target/class name. Otherwise it is being sent to the same thing.
                    What i was trying was to load up MDX. Then switch the foreground window to the app with the Global hotkey set. Then pushing the button on the wheel.

Should that not work? I've never been able to get send key working with Centrafuse. So i'm trying the send key to foreground since it's now available.

Comment

Originally posted by SKiTLz View Post
                      What i was trying was to load up MDX. Then switch the foreground window to the app with the Global hotkey set. Then pushing the button on the wheel.

Should that not work? I've never been able to get send key working with Centrafuse. So i'm trying the send key to foreground since it's now available.
                      For that application yes it will work, and just use the configurator, it will get the syntax correct.

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                        For that application yes it will work, and just use the configurator, it will get the syntax correct.
                        Everytime i try select "Seny key to foreground" in the configurator it returns an error "You have not selected a valid what to do value".

Tried multiple configs and same thing.

Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                        X