Fusion Brain Encloser

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion Brain Encloser

Ive been wondering, for those who have already placed the Fusion Brain into their vehicle; what did you use for a casing?? I had a few ideas but they didnt work to where i want to place the fusion brain. im not much worried about the relays because they are going to be mounted seperate, but im worried about the fusion brain just laying around in the car without any sort of protection. thanks!

no one made any sort of casing for it???

Comment

That's exactly what I was thinking. It would be great if someone could CAD one up, get a rapid prtotype made then use that to make a silicon mould. With every mould you can make about 100 copies, then a new mould has to be made. This is more cost effective than getting a die made up which could be alot of $$$$.

Comment

I went to walmart and bought a small clear plastic storage box. It is about 8" x 5" x 1.25". I used a dremel tool and a knife to remove some of the dividers, and knocked a couple holes in it to get some cables in and out. It doesn't look pretty, but it allows me to see what the output lights are doing when I'm using it. I mounted the relays in a different place. They are in a kitchen cooking container, also made of clear plastic, but that one has a water tight lid.

Comment

i used a radio shack project box.. aint pretty but it doesnt need to be.
          mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
          Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
          Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
            i used a radio shack project box.. aint pretty but it doesnt need to be.
            Any pics?

I run mine naked on top of a black plastic along with all the relays and wires on there.

Comment

Originally posted by rgarjr View Post
              Any pics?

I run mine naked on top of a black plastic along with all the relays and wires on there.
              http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

just cut some holes to run wires thru
              mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
              Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
              Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Thanks for all the reply's, but I actually ended up not making any sort of case for it, because where i mounted it would not be visable anyway and I mounted it on plexi-glass, so no chance in it touching anything!

Comment

Originally posted by djurchicprelude View Post
                  Thanks for all the reply's, but I actually ended up not making any sort of case for it, because where i mounted it would not be visable anyway and I mounted it on plexi-glass, so no chance in it touching anything!
                  I wouldn't use plexiglass as it is a static-generating material. The same goes for the plastic box from Wal-Mart mentioned earlier.

Your best bet is to use a Radio Shack project box as they are made from non-static materials and are designed to house electronic projects.
                  Thanks,

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Dan2008 View Post
                    I wouldn't use plexiglass as it is a static-generating material. The same goes for the plastic box from Wal-Mart mentioned earlier.

Your best bet is to use a Radio Shack project box as they are made from non-static materials and are designed to house electronic projects.
                    Never thought about that. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Thsi is what I use.

Comment

Originally posted by RonS View Post
                        Thsi is what I use.

Nice!

I have contacted a few plastic makers about making a case and nobody has gotten back to me... Not a single one. So I am looking for more companies
                        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Thanks. I got this one from futurlec. And it works good. But now I have to go looking for another one for the version 4. If you can find a place to make them, have them put mounting ears on the box if you can. Also a cutout for a 37 pin connector. You have probably already thought of that but just in case.

Comment

Working...
                          X