Use Fb as 3 position switch?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use Fb as 3 position switch?

Is it possible? I currently have Rock/Curb lights under my SUV that come one when the door is opened. I have a three position switch so I can Turn the lights on at any time, set them to auto (door opening) or to off all together..Could I use the FB in this instance?

Originally posted by Dougw133 View Post
    Is it possible? I currently have Rock/Curb lights under my SUV that come one when the door is opened. I have a three position switch so I can Turn the lights on at any time, set them to auto (door opening) or to off all together..Could I use the FB in this instance?
    Yup, you could replace the 3 position switch with the FB. You'd use one input (analog or digital) and one digital output.

Comment

Cool....Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by greenman100 View Post
        Yup, you could replace the 3 position switch with the FB. You'd use one input (analog or digital) and one digital output.
        Not to be a pain but I am confusing myself hooking this up. What wire is going into the input>? Currently, a relay is activated by a controlled module ground wire in my vehicle that handles the fading and on/off of all lights when you open the door etc... How would this wire up since it is mostly grounds. Also, when my car is off and the computer/brain has no power does this mean the lights wouldn't come on when I open the door like they do now?

Comment

Working...
        X