Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skinning question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Skinning question

    I have Skinned MDX into Digital FX4 skin. It loads up fine when I enter the skin. I am no skinner/coder by any means so here is where I need help. How do I get MDX to either close, or stay open in the tray until I go back to it's skin. Currently, if I enter the MDX skin I made MDX opens up is fine. When I hit "Menu" to go back to RR's main menu it's fine. Now when I go back again it opens a second MDX app and window crashing it. Aslo. Can I change the size of the MDX App window so it doesn't overlay my bottom skin menu commands? Thank you.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Dougw133 View Post
    I have Skinned MDX into Digital FX4 skin. It loads up fine when I enter the skin. I am no skinner/coder by any means so here is where I need help. How do I get MDX to either close, or stay open in the tray until I go back to it's skin. Currently, if I enter the MDX skin I made MDX opens up is fine. When I hit "Menu" to go back to RR's main menu it's fine. Now when I go back again it opens a second MDX app and window crashing it. Aslo. Can I change the size of the MDX App window so it doesn't overlay my bottom skin menu commands? Thank you.
    When embedding it into RoadRunner you need to make sure the application title is correct. If it isn't it will spawn a new one. This is a RoadRunner thing, it happens with GPS programs too.

    To change MDX's size, go into the global graphic properties item of the configurator and you can change it to anything you want.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

    Comment


    • #3
      Well I am not doing something correctly because it is not embedding into RR. I follow the usual way I have embedded other apps before and it doesnt seem to be working for me. It opens the MDX as stated above, but not embedded.

      Here is my "Control.skin" file

      Code:
      RoadRunner Skin
      RRScreen Control
      Bottom_Row_OFF.png,Bottom_Row_OFF.png,Bottom_Row_On.png,Bottom_Row_OFF.pngINC
      INC,BottomButtons.txt
      
      /, B, x, y, w, h, Command;COMMANDCODES, Tooltip 
      B01,690,0,44,54,"CLOSE","Close"
      B02,745,0,54,54,"EXIT","Exit"
       
      /, B, x, y, w, h, Command;COMMANDCODES, Tooltip
      B21,0,513,100,86,"EXIT",@LOAD;menu.skin@
      B09,102,513,100,86,"EXITMENU",""
      B,300,512,99,86,"PLAY",@STOP||PLAY@
      B,398,513,101,86,"NEXTTRACK",
      B,203,513,99,86,"PREVTRACK",
      B11,500,513,99,86,"VOL-",""
      B12,596,513,99,86,"VOL+",""
      I01,698,513,107,86,"MASTERMUTE"
      
      /, A, x, y, w, h, color R;RGB, G, B
      A,0,0,800,600,"WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.378734a",,
       
      END
      My button command in the Skin exectbl.ini

      Code:
      "Load;Control.skin;WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.378734a;C:\Program Files\Fusion Control Centre Uber MDX Edition\MDX\Fusion Control Centre UberMDX.exe";WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.378734a"
      I'll play around with the global configuration, but it has been crashing the Configurator when I try to open it lately..

      Thanks for the help, alot!

      Comment


      • #4
        I dont see the title in there at all. It should be "Fusion Control Centre Uber MDX Edition".

        That is the only way RoadRunner embeds...
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
          I dont see the title in there at all. It should be "Fusion Control Centre Uber MDX Edition".

          That is the only way RoadRunner embeds...
          For button command or for the skin file?

          Comment


          • #6
            Wow...I used an old program to find the name of the window and what you see above is what it gave me.. I'm surprised it even opened with that. Using the above it now embeds!!

            Thank you very much Toast...

            Comment


            • #7
              And finally!

              Comment


              • #8
                Actually I like this setup better! You can't even tell MDX is embedded or exist for that matter. And with the background images being 800X600 just like RR I can use any of the ones I use for the rest of the skin. I know you knew this, you created it! I am just sharing some excitement about MDX and the configurator now that I understand it and can sleep at night!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Glad you got it working.

                  And yup you can do anything you want. I think the PSD for those buttons are included too so if you have Adobe photoshop you can change the hue to something more metallic if that is the look you are going for.

                  The software is very powerful, and that makes it take a little time to get used to.
                  Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                  1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                  30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                  15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                  Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                    Glad you got it working.

                    And yup you can do anything you want. I think the PSD for those buttons are included too so if you have Adobe photoshop you can change the hue to something more metallic if that is the look you are going for.

                    The software is very powerful, and that makes it take a little time to get used to.
                    Yeah now that I have got the hang of it I am going to go crazy with Photoshop. Going to match the buttons to the skin I use and add picture icons to them. Thanks again...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      And there we are...My Fusion Brain skin with DFX 4.



                      I made the garage door button a solid door, but when pressed the it appears the door has opened and my sweet ride is lurking. Also the fog lights "Illuminate.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                        Glad you got it working.

                        I think the PSD for those buttons are included too so if you have Adobe photoshop you can change the hue to something more metallic if that is the look you are going for.
                        BTW I didn't find the PSD's anywhere. But it didn't take long to work with.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X