Fusion Brain V4 First Impression

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion Brain V4 First Impression

Well I have received the V4 and I can tell you the new layout is super. Sixteen outputs and thirteen inputs will make using this for everything I want to do easy. Like I said board layout is good. Parts placement and soldering is top quality. I like being able to power it from usb or 12 volt. Not sure if the reset will be used much but it is nice having it there. I will have to get a button extension for it so I won't have to take the lid off the enclosure if it is needed. The only problem I am having is with the drivers. They will not install for it. They work fine for the V3 but don't for the V4. I will have more as soon as get the drivers working and get my test bench setup for it.

Drivers on the website are updated.

Also for MDX, the byte stream is different. In the brain section you need to manually edit it to something like this:

Code:
      <!-- Begin Fusion Brain Instances -->
          <brain id="My Fusion Brain 0" version="4">brain id 0</brain>
      <!-- End Fusion Brain Instances -->
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Also the button shouldn't reset, it should enable bootloader mode if it's depressed upon powerup.

Comment

Ok. Got it up and working. Kind of. Digital port 0 is not working. And none of the analog ports seem to be working correctly. With an input of 5 volts I should get full scale deflection but am getting none on the Tach or speedometer. The others are barley moving.

This is the instrument cluster I am putting in my truck. It will be displayed on a 7 inch touch screen.

It is now just a matter of figuring out what is going on with the analog inputs. The input to all the gauges is 5 volts. And I am converting that to mph, rpm, temp, psi, etc.

Comment

You ever have the light come on. And everything is clear. Well it came on. Life is good. Digital output 0 is still not working. But life is good. I feel dumb. All I have to do is measure voltage. Have the correct number of images for the multi image and life is good. Ok back to work.

Comment

Originally posted by RonS View Post
            You ever have the light come on. And everything is clear. Well it came on. Life is good. Digital output 0 is still not working. But life is good. I feel dumb. All I have to do is measure voltage. Have the correct number of images for the multi image and life is good. Ok back to work.
            The LED doesn't work, or the actual port?

Comment

The port is not working. And also port 4 on the analog side. But it looks like a solder issue. I used to work for 3Com as a test engineer. And it looks like the solder is light on some pins on the pic. There were 5 analog ports that did not work but I touched up the pins and now only the one is not working. I don't want to do too much to it. And I need to go get a finer tip for the iron. But I don't think it is a firmware or hardware failure. And this could be one of the first ones that were built. We had the same problem if the solder paste was a little cold at the start of a run.

Comment

This is the beta board, right?

Comment

yes it is...

Comment

The beta run was hand soldered, and they don't do a very good job of it. All the boards had bad solder joints.

Comment

Anywhere near to releasing? I'm itchin to get my hands on of of these

Comment

Originally posted by bratnetwork View Post
                        Anywhere near to releasing? I'm itchin to get my hands on of of these
                        They're getting finished over in china, should be about a week.

Comment

It works great. I had to put testing on hold for a week. I am getting the dash ready for the truck. But I have found no problems with it that would point to a firmware problem. All inputs and outputs do what I want them to. I really like the size. I have put it in the truck just sitting on the seat and did not see any problems in a noisy environment. Oil pressure and water temp work great. The tach seems to have no problems. I am going to order some boards for the frequency to voltage converter. I just hope china does a good job on them. More to come.

Comment

Working...
                          X