Vista won't see the Fusion Brain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista won't see the Fusion Brain

Arg ... I coded a whole new Fusion Brain interface and when I went to test it out, Vista won't recognize the Fusion Brain. It comes back with an error saying that the device has malfunctioned. But when I plug it into my laptop with XP, the drivers install just fine.

I suppose I can just install Visual Studio 2008 Pro on the laptop but I'd rather have the fusion brain work on my development machine. Any suggestions for getting it to work in Vista?

I tried following the Vista driver tutorial but unfortunatly Vista isn't following the same path that the tutorial is going down. BTW, I"m currently using the 32-bit version.
    --------------------------
    Software Developed:
    DS-ATX Controller Interface
    Laptop Shutdown Controller

Considered Projects:
    TPMS Interface
    Bluetooth Handsfree Interface (WIDCOMM/BROADCOMM)

Looks like I might have a controller incompatablilty with the PIC Firmware as discussed in the thread "Drivers not working on new D201GLY2A board "

I've got an ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard with the nForce 590 Chipset. And yeah, that's a chipset for an AMD processor.
    Software Developed:

Considered Projects:
    TPMS Interface

Comment

I am running Vista SP1 32bit on my dev. machine right now, FB works great.

Probably the chipset issue. Do you have an Intel based Vista machine to try and eliminate possible causes of error?
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Nah, all my machines are AMD chipsets with the exception of a 1.6 ghz laptop. I wouldn't run Vista on a machine like that .. lol. I'll just have to move over to the laptop when testing.
        Software Developed:

Considered Projects:
        TPMS Interface

Comment

I have my Fusion Brain currently working on my Vista 64-bit SP1 developent system. What I did was installed VirtualBox (make sure you install the user contributions) and then install XP inside it. With this program you can allocate the RAM, and harddisk space is calculated automatically. I have tested Qemu and Virtual PC, but VirtualBox is by far the best and is open source(free)

Comment

Thanks CivicModz, I use Virtual PC and I have a Windows XP instance. I'll give that a shot. It it is a chipset thing, then I expect it to fail.
            Software Developed:

Considered Projects:
            TPMS Interface

Comment

Originally posted by Ineffigy View Post
              Thanks CivicModz, I use Virtual PC and I have a Windows XP instance. I'll give that a shot. It it is a chipset thing, then I expect it to fail.
              I highly recommend VirtualBox, since I still don't think that VirtualPC (the one by Microsoft) has support for USB yet. You will need good USB support if you want to install the FusionBrain. When I used QEMU it only had USB1.1 support and when I plugged in a USB flash drive (to test) something happened and it wiped out the data on it.

Comment

Working...
              X