2 neebie questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 neebie questions

I want to add thumbnail webcam stills to the skin. Could I save a still to a shot.png file, assign that as a static image in a skin and periodically have the FB reload that image?

Also, can I load a variable or variables from a file?

Thanks,
    GadgetBandit

First thread and I mispell "newbie", great.
    GadgetBandit

Comment

Originally posted by GadgetBandit View Post
      I want to add thumbnail webcam stills to the skin. Could I save a still to a shot.png file, assign that as a static image in a skin and periodically have the FB reload that image?
      you mean have FB reload that image once it changes?
      Code:
      <staticimage>
              <image path="my/image/path.jpg"></image>
              <display size="355,70" location="37,219" page="1" z_order="0.9"></display>
            </staticimage>
      just put your image in there and FB will automatically change the image in the program once its changed externally
      they call me hack
      Independence Auto Tech
      http://ctxdesigns.com - web design :)
      "Let us search out and examine out ways, and turn back to the Lord; Let us lift our hearts and hands to God in heaven." - lamentations 3:40-41

Comment

I have never tried to use dynamic images, but there is no reason why it wouldn't.

As to storing variables to a file, no not currently. But I am working on that.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

I don't think static images are reloaded.

I need a trigger.

I'm going to try a multi image, with a single image. Have a variable trigger reloading using a counter?

Comment

2k1Toaster,

Reading variables from a file would be nice. I'm using FB to monitor and control my greenhouse. Ultimately, I want to use weather data from NOAA to set the conditions in the gh on a daily basis. That would be cool!

Also, in another thread, I'm trying to find out how to import the time as a variable. Can you help there?

GadgetBandit

Comment

Hmmm...whacha growin' in that there greenhouse???

I too would love to be able to store data in a file to provide persistence. For example, store mileage from an odometer to use for MPG calcs, etc.
              Thanks,

Dan

Comment

Working...
              X