Frequency to voltage board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequency to voltage board

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey boys and girls...

I'm designing the frequency to voltage output board. The specs so far:

1-channel
    67hz/volt
    ~4000rpm/volt
    Works with any V3/V4 board

~$15 per board.

Any changes before I send it out for production?

Now you tell me.. After I have already submitted mine. I could have let you do all the work and I could have been lazy and waited. Cool if mine have a problem I can order 2 from you and not have to re-submit.

Comment

Originally posted by RonS View Post
      Now you tell me.. After I have already submitted mine. I could have let you do all the work and I could have been lazy and waited. Cool if mine have a problem I can order 2 from you and not have to re-submit.
      I'm curious about yours. Can you email the schematic to [email protected]?

Comment

You've got mail..

Comment

this would be quite useful for figuring out engine speed (based on tach signal) and vehicle speed (based on speed sensor)

you have my attention sir
          Planning: [|||||||||-] 90%
          Purchased: [|||||||||/] 99%
          Installation: [|||||||||-] 90% (when is anyone's project ever REALLY done...)

Comment

Frequency to voltage

Can the circuit be modified to have another range? My max RPM will be 4,000. If I could change a resister and get 1,000 rpm per volt it would be ideal.

Comment

my question is, how accurate will it be, like within how many RPM?

Comment

Originally posted by FredWorrell View Post
                Can the circuit be modified to have another range? My max RPM will be 4,000. If I could change a resister and get 1,000 rpm per volt it would be ideal.
                yes, you can.

anyway, in current form it's pretty accurate.

brain's good for about 0.01 volt

1v = 4000 rpm

so it'd be good to about +/-40rpm

that's a whole lot better than factory

Comment

When will it be available for purchase good sir? I havn't seen nick on MSN in a while to talk to him...

I'm gonna be ordering a bunch of stuff soon here.

Do you think that you could get me a schematic with component info for a driver board so that I can power stuff in my car without using relays? I need to power up to 30A circuits... I read up some on some MOSFET's, but I'm no engineer, and I don't fully understand how that jazz works.....

Hell, i'll pay you if i have to...i just want to be able to power some things using solid state electronics instead of relays...

PM me what it's gonna take to get you to do it. I can lay it out as long as i know what components are needed and what is wired to what... I use ExpressPCB to lay stuff out, which is sufficient for what I need usually...

Comment

we have 40A driver boards coming, compatible with on/off or PWM.

should be available for purchase in a couple weeks.

Comment

awesome... though could you possibly still hit me up about it cause some of the things i want to control are ground switches, not power switches (like my hvac fan, power is constantly applied to the blower and corresponding resistor blocks, it's the switch that completes the circuit to ground...)

Comment

you could use a npn transistor i guess

what's your aversion to relays?

Comment

Most excellent. Even with +/- 40 rpm, if I can change a resister, I will do that. I was going to build my own tach board, but now I will wait for this. BTW this will be part of my glass panel for a Dragonfly, experimental aircraft.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by greenman100 View Post
                            you could use a npn transistor i guess

what's your aversion to relays?
                            they click...........i HATE clicking sounds while i'm driving.....

How are you designing the driver board? power in and power out for each driver, or will it have a common power? If it's in/out, then it'll work just fine for me for both power and ground switching...

oh, and they're mechanical..... IMHO Solid State > *

Comment

it's a MOSFET.

if you put these relays in the dash or engine bay, you won't hear them... at least in my experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X