Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok.. so I'm assuming fusion brain can...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok.. so I'm assuming fusion brain can...

activate relays and power a relay controller correct?

lets say if the alarm output from a car is triggered, can that hot wire communicate with the carputer and run a script to text message my cell phone?

If the PC is on, and input gets triggered, then it can do anything such as send an email. Email to your [email protected] sends an sms, so that can all be done through our software. Or it can send out a COM command to some other program to do something else if you wanted.

Also yes it can activate relays and read in inputs. What type of relay controller are you referring to?
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Can you me show a sample xml file that does that? A variable set to true and it sends a txt message. Please.

Thanks
      GadgetBandit

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
        If the PC is on, and input gets triggered, then it can do anything such as send an email. Email to your [email protected] sends an sms, so that can all be done through our software. Or it can send out a COM command to some other program to do something else if you wanted.

Also yes it can activate relays and read in inputs. What type of relay controller are you referring to?
        i'm thinking of getting an usb controller. also one of those rf remote control relay controllers.

lets say for example, if the ignition is started without a thumbprint from a fingerprint reader or some trigger on my part not being present, or alarm triggered. it would text me the gps coordinates of the car?

Comment

The Fusion Brain is a USB relay controller essentially.

If the PC is on and you have an active internet connection, then yes it can text you anything you want.
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

Originally posted by GadgetBandit View Post
            Can you me show a sample xml file that does that? A variable set to true and it sends a txt message. Please.

Thanks
            GadgetBandit
            How to send an email based on an input going over a value (2.5v in the tutorial)

Link: http://www.fusioncontrolcentre.com/t...Input_demo.htm

Direct Link to SWF: http://www.fusioncontrolcentre.com/t...Input_demo.swf

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
              The Fusion Brain is a USB relay controller essentially.

If the PC is on and you have an active internet connection, then yes it can text you anything you want.
              I figured as much, but im assuming that I would need to wire it to other standard relays? e.g. 30/40A bosch style ones and control those with the fusion brain so it doesn't fry the board?

now assuming I want to use an rf controlled relay controller as the ignition controller and tie it to the fusion brain, draw wise would it be better to just have the computer turn itself on automatically with the ignition? or always on when it comes to dead batteries?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by inline4 View Post
                I figured as much, but im assuming that I would need to wire it to other standard relays? e.g. 30/40A bosch style ones and control those with the fusion brain so it doesn't fry the board?

now assuming I want to use an rf controlled relay controller as the ignition controller and tie it to the fusion brain, draw wise would it be better to just have the computer turn itself on automatically with the ignition? or always on when it comes to dead batteries?

thanks
                We sell relays that connect to it directly.

As far as RF relays, I have never heard of them. They sound expensive.

Comment

http://www.electrokits.com/electroni...-timers/38.htm

something like this. I'm going to rewire my ignition and probably add an alarm. It just depends on how much money I will have and how much of that wad I can blow on misc things. for the sake of space constraints, could I end up placing fuses before the analog inputs and have the fusion brain handle the switching? or should I end up wiring them to relays and have the fb open and close the relays?

Comment

That's cool! Thank you.

GadgetBandit

Comment

Working...
                    X