Back in the game.. althoooo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in the game.. althoooo

LOL, ok guys im glad to say im back, i have finally go my car back from the paint shop and am implementing mysetup now..

I have my brain hooked up.. mdx all installed.. and am in the process of learning the configurator.. Now this looks promising, altho im lost..!

i have successfully added my brain.. also successfully added my 8 relays as digital outputs that will be activating my solenoids (air suspension).. in mdx... Now heres were i come unstuck.. ive done some searching but none that helps.. ill point form these out to make it easier..

* fonts.. add font? how? do i have to add a font to the content folder?

* adding buttons.. at the moment the actual create button screen is bigger then my lilliput and i cant scroll down to finish it, altho my above problem gets to me first, the font?

goals..

currently, just focusing on having 8 buttons.. one for each wheel raise and lower..

from there id like to create buttons to lift the two front wheels and lower the two fronts.. simutaneously.. same with rear..

voice controlled would be nice...

but ultimatley functions to set it to auto ride heights... in con junction with my air pressure senders..

also was hoping i could set a hidden button *safe mode.. were no matter what was pressed, it wouldnt lower below a certain pressure... or maybe i can just make a separate screen with limitations in the buttons..

let me know guys, this software seems powerful! i just not sure on harnessing just yet.

ryann,

Heres 2 pix, one of my ride... and one of my *test setup* haha

Comment

Looks like it's going to be a sweet setup. Taco? I can't tell the model from the picture. Love your MoBo mounting solution....

I haven't used MDX much lately, focusing on VB2k8, but I'll try to answer some questions.

fonts were weird, i just used the default cause i didn't feel like figuring it out.

You're gonna need a full-size monitor for dev (at least 15" IMO). The configurator screens aren't resizeable or scrollable. My laptop even has problems (14.4"). You can make the skin fit to the liliput though. Why sit on the floor to program anyway? get comfy & you'll think better

You could (and should) set hard limits for max & min pressure as variables - you don't want some jackass reaching over & adding air when you are near peak pressure - that can get expensive. 1st thing button logic should do is make sure you are above & below those variables before executing any add or release of pressure.

I would guess you'll want more than one screen - I think I'd do at least 3 - 1 for Monitoring + kinda a "cruise" mode where you wont make many adjustments, 2 a presets screen, 3 and all out, change whatever you want screen. You might be able to do the Presets & monitoring on one screen - depends on how you use the real estate.

What front end will you be using? RR is about the only one that can use MDX as a plugin (I haven't researched that much though). You might be better off getting the integration between programs working before you start to make your skin - you might need to move stuff around. I think i would make a separate MDX program that mirrors what I used though, you never know when something will crash, leaving you on the ground - literally.

Comment

Look in here for your font answers: http://www.fusioncontrolcentre.com/T...ual%20b005.pdf

The display button screen I have changed to be tabbed, that update went out 15-06-09 at 2am MST. Current Configurator version is 1.0.0.275

MDX can be embedded into any program that supports embedding. I have been told CF has problems with the title bar, but you can hide the bar in an MDX setting rather than relying on the embedding program to do it so that gets rid of that.

If you have any other questions, let me know.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Also I moved this out of Documentation and Tutorials since well... it isn't!
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

ok few hiccups here... 2k anyway of changing the display page in the configurater. size to 800x480? as thats my screen reso? otherwise i have a weird distortion?

as im on a pc ith no fusion attached.. a dummy brain attachment would be a brilliant idea i seen mentioned elsewere, so i can program evrything and save, and transfer onto carpc..

EDIT: Im also noticing because i havent got a fb attached, my saved buttons are not coming up in the left hand bar so i can go in and modify them?

Comment

The configurator cannot really be changed any smaller. There is too much stuff. I really suggest you dev on a full PC.

The "dummy brain" is called a virtual brain and has been there for well over a year. Its in the debug options.

Your edit problem is unrelated. Anything will work without a FB attached. Therefore the problem is separate. Which left hand bar?

Comment

For the screen size, I just realized you might have meant the size of the graphics and everything once displayed in MDX. If so, then just change the settings in the global graphics settings. You can change it to any resolution size you want.

Comment

thanks 2k, im doing skin now... im on full pc doing dev as we speak. but its got no brain attached..

im in graphic mode adding display buttons.. now ive added mulitple... when i go back to main editing screen and on the left were u double click on display buttons.. none come in, but they still show fine in the graphic editing page?

Comment

**** 2k, lol i just added all them buttons, saved... closed.. reopened, opened file... bareee.. nothing..

Comment

ok so ive moved my images across to carpc.. workin a few buttons and ansd stumbling across some issues which i cant afford let happen...

Ok, so im setting up the buttons as..

on click trigger "Left Front Fill"
                      and on lift trigger "Left Front Fill"

so in turn your relay is only open the time ur finger is on the button, but this seems to not always catch your click off.. and its getting out of sync with itself.. making the relay stay open.. then click and it closes etc, and it goes on and off.. and doesnt always reflect properly what should be happening...

now this becomes a big problem because air valves will remain open.. and ultimately my vehicle will hit the ground..

now im guessing there is other ways of going about this.. maybe other options in the buttons? or setting a variable for each relay.. to 0.. then on click set var. to 1.. but i can still see this interferring with itself and not catching the click off.. i really want to be able to hold the finger on the button and be able to control it that way... if there isnt a reliable way of doing this i guss ill be forced to goto preset heights?

what are your thoughts?

EDIT:

Also ive noticed when i change the settings to hide the outside bar, it just makes it transparent and the edge is actually still showing, this creates a bad edge and is also disorting my images because its pushing the image inward by around 4px a side i think? is there a way to eliminate the border and stretch the main BG image to full screen?
                      Ryann,

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post

**** 2k, lol i just added all them buttons, saved... closed.. reopened, opened file... bareee.. nothing..
                        You did click "save" on that screen right?

Comment

ok so ive moved my images across to carpc.. workin a few buttons and ansd stumbling across some issues which i cant afford let happen...

Ok, so im setting up the buttons as..

on click trigger "Left Front Fill"
                          and on lift trigger "Left Front Fill"

so in turn your relay is only open the time ur finger is on the button, but this seems to not always catch your click off.. and its getting out of sync with itself.. making the relay stay open.. then click and it closes etc, and it goes on and off.. and doesnt always reflect properly what should be happening...

now this becomes a big problem because air valves will remain open.. and ultimately my vehicle will hit the ground..

now im guessing there is other ways of going about this.. maybe other options in the buttons? or setting a variable for each relay.. to 0.. then on click set var. to 1.. but i can still see this interferring with itself and not catching the click off.. i really want to be able to hold the finger on the button and be able to control it that way... if there isnt a reliable way of doing this i guss ill be forced to goto preset heights?

what are your thoughts?
                          Set the down click vote to turn on whatever digital output that is on low priority. Then set the up click vote to turn off whatever digital output that is on medium/high priority.

Also ive noticed when i change the settings to hide the outside bar, it just makes it transparent and the edge is actually still showing, this creates a bad edge and is also disorting my images because its pushing the image inward by around 4px a side i think? is there a way to eliminate the border and stretch the main BG image to full screen?
                          Ryann,
                          The hiding of the bar is all internal microsoft code. I just tell it to not show the border, and the rest is done by them so nothing I can do.

If it is off by 4px, then maybe design for 4px more/less depending on what you mean and see what happens. You have a screenshot of this?

Comment

i dont have a screen of it no 2k.. ill try but its on the carpc with no photo stuff on it.. ill see how i go..

and yes im certain i saved it, i tested it afterward again i just set the backround.. saved it.. then closed, opened, loaded and still bare bones.. this only happened on my desktop with no brain attached.. or set.. on my carpc it works fine.

and ill look into this voting.. all im doing is triggering the same digital output for on click and off.. so u mean set the onclick to low.. and off click to high in the button settings..?

Comment

Also looking at that image you have with the buttons, you didn't change the global graphics properties. You are just going to have a big edge around it. When you first open the app up on the top bar there is "Graphics Configuration" and you can choose all those details.

Comment

Working...
                              X