Windows 7 issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 issues

Ok, using windows 7 i have installed the latest version off your main site, and it straight up has a problem checking for updated, and when i goto to start the config.. tells me it downs have permissions to write to the registry... i am the admin tho im not sure the problem here, im on a macbook pro, dual booted with win 7 ultimate, anyone overcome this?

heres a question to add to this, has anyone gotten the software working fine on win 7?

Comment

You have to run the program as an administrator. Your "admin" account is not and administrator in Vista and 7 thanks to UAC (User Account Control).

Right click the shortcut and choose "Run as Administrator", and that will work.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

thanks for the rpely 2k, i ended up finding a solution shortly after i posted... by getting to the cmd and right clicking on it and running it as the admin..

once in cmd, from the c: prompt. typed "net user administrator /active:yes"

which activates the true admin profile,
        log out, then log in as the the true admin.. once in there evrything works fine, so i just renamed the true admin to mine, and deleted the old,

thanks for the reply,

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
          thanks for the rpely 2k, i ended up finding a solution shortly after i posted... by getting to the cmd and right clicking on it and running it as the admin..

once in cmd, from the c: prompt. typed "net user administrator /active:yes"

which activates the true admin profile,
          log out, then log in as the the true admin.. once in there evrything works fine, so i just renamed the true admin to mine, and deleted the old,

thanks for the reply,
          FYI, it is unwise to use the true admin account on a regular basis from a security perspective.
          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

i can understand that point of view, altho being my carputer, its rarely if anytime be online.. good heads up tho, i may create another profile..

Comment

Working...
            X