digital input question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digital input question

I have a swith hooked up to my V3 fusion brain, and when i turn the switch on i get 5 volts on the cooresponding input, but the inputs on either side of it start to read 4.x volts. why is this?

thanks

You mean analogue inputs? It uses one capacitor to hold the charge. If the input is floating, then it will read a little residual the other port, all the way down the sequence.

Once you actually connect something though, it won't float, and it will be ok.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

I am using an "analogue" input as a "digital" input ( on/off )

so that means if I only have a switch connected to port 0 I need port one to read as OFF for any voltage less than 4.9 because with nothing connected and port 0 reading 5v port 1 reads 4.8 or so volts

Is this correct?

P.S. I am only connecting one input at a time while troubleshooting

Comment

Then connect a large pulldown resistor between ground and your button's active-on line (going into the sense pin of the FB). This will take the residual charge and dump it to ground.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
        X