2nd brain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd brain

I've added a second Brain, but configurator shows them to have the same serial number?

Thanks,
    GadgetBandit

i saw the thread title, and started imagining someone adding a second brain to themselves... but would that make you twice as smart, or twice as dumb?
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

Hey, I bought my first Brain, so I could honestly say I had a brain, . . . without going into fractions.

GadgetBandit

Comment

Can I have multiple brains on one computer?
        Thanks,
        GadgetBandit

Comment

VID/PID will be the same.

Hardware Instance ID will be different.

MDX takes care of all of that for you. Just add the second brain and use like normal.
          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

I got it. "Hardware Instance ID will be different." Hardware Instance ID MUST be different. By default Configurator will insert duplicate serial numbers for the ID. The user must hilight and enter a unique ID. Bingo!!

The greenhouse has been under the brain's control for 2 years . . . now, it's time for the house.

Thanks,
            GadgetBandit

Comment

Actually MDX no longer uses the hardware instance ID as of early 2009 or so. It auto configs which is which. So as long as you are using the newest MDX, the hardware instance IDs shouldnt really matter.
              Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
              1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
              30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
              Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
              X