Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried the FB with a wireless USB hub?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried the FB with a wireless USB hub?

If so, what was your experience like?
    2001 SS Camaro carputer | My solar dish project/

I have not but that is definitely an interesting idea. I don't know why it wouldn't work, they are made to support all modes.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

The reviews I found aren't so great. Most people said around 7 - 10 ft of clear line of sight the signal starts to fade/get weak/drop. Also, simply putting your hand in front of it would interrupt the signal.

Comment

Well that sounds like a really poor design then... Almost sounds like wireless keyboard/mice in the IR days.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

I actually just ran into this bad boy. A cat5/6 cable would make this simple, but one could also hook up a cheap wireless router that supports client bridge and you'd have a nice reliable wireless FB. A directional antenna could be added for FB goodness that could reach for miles with clear line of sight.

This one may work too, but it doesn't say if it supports tcp/ip or if it has it's own custom way of transmitting the data. It's cheaper and would work with a cat5/6 cable though.

Comment

Has anyone tried eithe of the 2 devices scotty pointed out?

GadgetBandit

Comment

Working...
            X