NEW fusion brain user! help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW fusion brain user! help

hi i just got fb V4...everything works expect for one strange issue ..when i connect relay it click and buzzing ...after that the software hang ..to continue using i have to turn off the power its connected via the 12v s with adapter @ 12v out 1200ma center pin positive. everything works leds,fan, expect this strange relay issue ..and the relay with another adapter it just click no noise ,and of course work... so what the problem ..low amperage ..../ this was testing with centrafusion and fusion demo

I cannot tell about CentraFusion, but make sure you are not in PWM mode. If it is buzzing, then it is probably not 100% duty cycle.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

how to check if in pwm mode or not!

Comment

how to check if in pwm mode or not !

Comment

In MDX and FuseGL, you make sure the value is set to 255. Any other value is a percentage of 255, and therefore a PWM signal.
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

mdx i dont know why isnt working ....the configurator is working...where this value i dont understand ! value of input!!

Comment

i dont understand !

Comment

Originally posted by mgd95 View Post
                mdx i dont know why isnt working ....the configurator is working...where this value i dont understand ! value of input!!
                Make sure you have DirectX. The value is when you turn on an output, you set it to a value. So if the value is 255 it is on. If it is 0 it is off.

Comment

i cant open mdx even on another machine both are win7 directx and .net are there in case u wonder... another thing i just connect voltage divider board .i have a resistor on it blue one ..i have read an old post the bottom line i clips these resistor ...however when i connect a source it read it but @ the same time it show read on another inputs ...a higher value show like 750 120 80 etc ...the source are 5v and the jumper set to 7v mode ...so this board has malfunction...or what...and of course test it by fusion demo....

Comment

Is English your first/native language? I can usually communicate in a few of the big ones if that is easier.

i cant open mdx even on another machine both are win7 directx and .net are there in case u wonder...
                    Did you run the installer? Not just copy the files, but run the installer.

another thing i just connect voltage divider board .i have a resistor on it blue one ..i have read an old post the bottom line i clips these resistor ...however when i connect a source it read it but @ the same time it show read on another inputs ...a higher value show like 750 120 80 etc ...the source are 5v and the jumper set to 7v mode ...so this board has malfunction...or what...and of course test it by fusion demo....
                    The resistors change the 6v input into 3.3v input, and leaves the 12v alone. So cutting the resistor depends on what you are trying to read. Since you are in 6v mode, then with the resistor you are in 3.3v mode and you should clip it.

The cascading inputs is normal. It is because you have them floating. This is discussed many places.

Comment

yes i did run the installer . ok no problem from the inputs and the voltage divider .... 1. should the divider board read voltage in 12v mode if the input is 5v or should i make the jumpers to 7v mode.[ Is working with the 7v mode but not the 12v mode ].. 2. the drivers are v4 is this the last version.. 3. back to relay problem... is there problem with win7 ...is mdx need just directx and .net 3.5 any more requirement...

Comment

yes i did run the installer . ok no problem from the inputs and the voltage divider .... 1. should the divider board read voltage in 12v mode if the input is 5v or should i make the jumpers to 7v mode.[ Is working with the 7v mode but not the 12v mode ].. 2. the drivers are v4 is this the last version.. 3. back to relay problem... is there problem with win7 ...is mdx need just directx and .net 3.5 any more requirement...

1) No. Use 6v mode for 5v signals
                        2) If you have a V4 brain, use V4 Drivers.
                        3) No problem with Win7. It is x86 only though. It needs DirectX and optional components the installer installs and .NET 2.0

Comment

thx for your time and support. today i tried to connect a fan ..its 12v 0.14 a= 140 ma right!! ,,, but the fan are not fast as it should ...i tried with the adapter it run fast no problem...i think the output not pushing enough current ...Its via 12v@ 1200ma adapter it should be enough ..[1]and i measure the digital output voltage is 11.24v vs 12v from the adapter i think its the regulator Right!!! 2] i think your answer will be check the value {255} right [Fan issue ]... And i will try Mdx on another pc. 3] what if the value not = 255 is something wrong or its adjustable .

Comment

I very much doubt the fan is 140mA. Perhaps at speed and just maintaining speed, but not when getting up to speed, that's not how electric motors work...

The outputs sink up to 500mA each, not source.

The regulator has nothing to do with it. If you are using a V3 or V4, then it is the exact voltage in as out with only a fuse inbetween. Which means either your 12v supply is not 12v or you are not at 100% duty (255). If you are using a V6, then there is a diode drop which is usually about 0.7v. So a 12v signal becomes 11.3v. The diode drop is only for the V6.

Yes check the value to make sure it is actually fully on. If it won't make a relay stay on, then it is not making the fan always on.

The value is what the software sends to the brain. It only does what it is told to do. My software tells it to work correctly, and that is all I can say. If the software you are using is not correctly sending the value, then it wont be fully on.

Comment

ok this has clear a lot. now i can run mdx...i use ninja wizard .the same problem ...i have checked the virtual button .. now i see standard ,pwm. etc i cant check the pwm and 0% duty...how to check the value ! or there is another way...

Comment

Working...
                              X