Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a fusion brain in Europe, cheaply

Hi guys,

Long-time FB user, bought my first three bundles back when the v3 board was new. In that time I've killed one and offloaded the other two on projects that have long been sold, and I've suddenly found myself in need of a Fusion Brain for a simple automotive application.

I don't want to detract anything from the creators' excellent efforts, but I don't have the funds to get a new board shipped from the States to Poland just yet, so if there's anyone in Europe who's got an old FB buried away in a drawer somewhere, let me know.

And to Nick and Tim, congrats on keeping it going for so long.
    http://sticksout.blogspot.com

Originally posted by Grrrmachine View Post
    Hi guys,

Long-time FB user, bought my first three bundles back when the v3 board was new. In that time I've killed one and offloaded the other two on projects that have long been sold, and I've suddenly found myself in need of a Fusion Brain for a simple automotive application.

I don't want to detract anything from the creators' excellent efforts, but I don't have the funds to get a new board shipped from the States to Poland just yet, so if there's anyone in Europe who's got an old FB buried away in a drawer somewhere, let me know.

And to Nick and Tim, congrats on keeping it going for so long.
    I can hold a semi-defective one for you next time I find one. We have our manufacturer do basic electrical tests on them now so the failure/defect rate before we ship them is very low compared to before where it was 10% or more. If you aren't in a time crunch then the basic air-post would be pretty cheap.

Tim has moved on to greener pastures and pursuing his separate life goals, but I will try to keep Fusion going as long as a I can. New products are in the works too.

Thanks for the kind words and the continued support!
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

this is why I've always enjoyed dealing with Fusion Brain; great customer support

I'll take you up on that offer Nick; I'll even take two if you have that many broken ones laying around.

Just PM me when you have the time and I'll Paypal you.

Comment

I have a couple now that have a few different things. 2 have a couple "jumpy" inputs, I think that those would be the best bet.
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

Sounds ideal. Just PM me the details.

Comment

Just so that everyone has the info, they are $30 (so more than half off) + shipping to wherever. I believe that I have 4 right now.

Comment

Do these just have one or two dodgy inputs? They are mostly functional, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by theBlueLight View Post
                Do these just have one or two dodgy inputs? They are mostly functional, yes?
                Some have one some have like 3 or 4. I just toss all the ones that aren't perfect into a bin.

Comment

My car is older than me, so it doesn't have that much to input. Speedo, tacho, 2 x fuel, oil pressure, temp and maybe battery voltage or something. That will probably do me, at least for my first revision. Do I just order it from your website? I think it says $40 not $30.

The thought occurs I could actually fix the faulty channels anyways, I'm assuming the problems are caused by faulty ADC's or protection diodes or something? I'd understand if you did not want to give out schematics or anything, but it would be interesting to find out what it was that was failing out of the factory.

Comment

My car is older than me, so it doesn't have that much to input. Speedo, tacho, 2 x fuel, oil pressure, temp and maybe battery voltage or something. That will probably do me, at least for my first revision. Do I just order it from your website? I think it says $40 not $30.
                    PM me your PayPal address and I will send you a manual invoice.

The thought occurs I could actually fix the faulty channels anyways, I'm assuming the problems are caused by faulty ADC's or protection diodes or something? I'd understand if you did not want to give out schematics or anything, but it would be interesting to find out what it was that was failing out of the factory.
                    There is only 1 ADC and no protection diodes on the FB itself. When you put 100+ parts together on a board, every-now-and-then it just won't work even if all the parts are tested individually. There is a meg hanging off each input to ground, which might have a bad connection but that is grasping at straws.

Comment

I didn't forget, and ordered a Brain (plus some F2V boards) through the Fusion website today. I should have done it earlier, but I've been de-rusting my car over the winter, and it's taken that long to get back on schedule

(You can check out the restoration here if you're interested.)

I'll let you throw something else into the box if you feel like it, Nick

Comment

I picked up an innocent-looking FedEx box from my post office today. Got it open and... wow!

This little Fusion Brain is such a sleek little unit; so much more polished than the v3 I had a few years back. And it came in its own custom box, alongside the excellently packaged F2V boards I ordered.

If anyone is in two minds over whether to order a Fusion Brain or not, let this make up your minds. The Fusion Brain is without a date the best product on the market at the moment, and the service from Nick is unsurpassable. So thanks muchly, Fusion Team. You've done yourself proud.

Comment

Originally posted by Grrrmachine View Post
                          I picked up an innocent-looking FedEx box from my post office today. Got it open and... wow!

This little Fusion Brain is such a sleek little unit; so much more polished than the v3 I had a few years back. And it came in its own custom box, alongside the excellently packaged F2V boards I ordered.

If anyone is in two minds over whether to order a Fusion Brain or not, let this make up your minds. The Fusion Brain is without a date the best product on the market at the moment, and the service from Nick is unsurpassable. So thanks muchly, Fusion Team. You've done yourself proud.
                          Thanks!

I try to provide the best I can. Currently a team of 1.

Comment

Working...
                          X