Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help getting started please :)

Good morning all,

I've got an FB v6 and have downloaded FuseGL from the FB site. Whenever I connect a temp sensor I get either -20.531 or -16.707 but nothing else. I have followed Grrrmachine's guide. It isn't that cold in my house so I know I'm doing something wrong. Ain0 is closest to the USB port isn't it, thus meaning Ain14 is furthest away? (although I put temp sensors on both anyway!)

Any pointers? Any other guides/docs?

I'm keen to get playing but have falling at the very first hurdle! I have some other projects that involve voltage monitoring which I would love to get sorted (accelerometer and steering angle sensor) too, so this isn't the best start.....

Regards,
    Dave
    Vauxhall Astra SXi Car PC installed.

Any guides or documentation available?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave One View Post
      Good morning all,

I've got an FB v6 and have downloaded FuseGL from the FB site. Whenever I connect a temp sensor I get either -20.531 or -16.707 but nothing else. I have followed Grrrmachine's guide. It isn't that cold in my house so I know I'm doing something wrong. Ain0 is closest to the USB port isn't it, thus meaning Ain14 is furthest away? (although I put temp sensors on both anyway!)

Any pointers? Any other guides/docs?

I'm keen to get playing but have falling at the very first hurdle! I have some other projects that involve voltage monitoring which I would love to get sorted (accelerometer and steering angle sensor) too, so this isn't the best start.....

Regards,
      Dave
      Yes, AIN0 is the closest to the USB port.

Quickest debug I can think of, have you been plugging it into the same port? FuseGL remembers what port you configure things to. What does the text file in the "FB Details" folder look like?
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I know the FB has real potential for me, I just need to get my head around it ....

I'm using the same port each time. I have a thermometer sensor on Ain0 and Ain14 and the sensor are -20.531 and -16.707 (or thereabouts) degrees centigrade.

I have simply downloaded FuseGL and not added any variables or such like.....

The text file in "FB Details" simply says:

0|\\?\usb#vid_04d8&pid_fb60&mi_01#7&2ef8c1dc&0&000 1#{6813545a-53bc-4e52-a63f-77e5af150654}

Cheers ,
        Dave

Comment

Does the text file highlight an obvious problem I can rectify? And is there any documentation to help me?

Thanks in advance ,
          Dave

From my Sony Xperia

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I know the FB has real potential for me, I just need to get my head around it ....

I'm using the same port each time. I have a thermometer sensor on Ain0 and Ain14 and the sensor are -20.531 and -16.707 (or thereabouts) degrees centigrade.
            Just a quick stupid question, but are you sure the red wire goes to the "+" marks on the analogue inputs?

I have simply downloaded FuseGL and not added any variables or such like.....
            Can you add a generic voltage sensor and see what it looks like? If you add a voltage sensor for all ports, or even temp for all ports, do they all show the wrong value, or does one pop up correctly?

The text file in "FB Details" simply says:

0|\\?\usb#vid_04d8&pid_fb60&mi_01#7&2ef8c1dc&0&000 1#{6813545a-53bc-4e52-a63f-77e5af150654}

Cheers ,
            Dave
            That's good. It means there is only 1 instance so you are using the same physical USB port each time.
            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

Nice one Nick . I set all analogue inputs in FuseGL as temp sensors as moved the temp sensor along one at a time to find that Ain0 (no change as stayed at -20.531) and Ain14 (change to -16.707). It appears that Ain0 and Ain14 unserviceable for whatever reason but I still have 13 analogue inputs to work with .

Cheers

Comment

Nice one Nick . I set all analogue inputs in FuseGL as temp sensors as moved the temp sensor along one at a time to find that Ain0 (no change as stayed at -20.531) and Ain14 (change to -16.707). It appears that Ain0 and Ain14 unserviceable for whatever reason but I still have 13 analogue inputs to work with .

Cheers
                If you just purchased it from me or MP3Car.com, we can swap it out if it has a bad port Dead On Arrival.

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                  If you just purchased it from me or MP3Car.com, we can swap it out if it has a bad port Dead On Arrival.
                  It was bought from Grrrmachine on http://www.mp3car.com/classifieds/15...gps-mouse.html thread. Do you think it's worth re-installing the firmware?

Cheers,
                  Dave

Comment

It was bought from Grrrmachine on http://www.mp3car.com/classifieds/15...gps-mouse.html thread. Do you think it's worth re-installing the firmware?

Cheers,
                    Dave
                    If everything is working except 2 ports, that sounds like a hardware problem not a firmware problem. Reinstalling the firmware doesn't hurt, but probably won't help.

Comment

Ok. 13 inputs is still a healthy amount to be getting on with.

I have an old style v4 parking sensor that operates at 5v. Do you know the best resistor values to drop it to v6 compatible?

Thanks very much,
                      Dave

From my Sony Xperia

Comment

Ok. 13 inputs is still a healthy amount to be getting on with.

I have an old style v4 parking sensor that operates at 5v. Do you know the best resistor values to drop it to v6 compatible?

Thanks very much,
                        Dave

From my Sony Xperia
                        Depends what sort of output impedance it has already. I usually recommend R values in the 1Kohm to 5Kohm range and those are easily found at Radioshack.

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                          Depends what sort of output impedance it has already. I usually recommend R values in the 1Kohm to 5Kohm range and those are easily found at Radioshack.
                          Cheers. Its one that was sold with the v4 - I'll check the packet and get the tech data sheet from the website.

Comment

Just out of interest it's the LV-Maxsonar-EZ0 part number: MB1000. I've found the datasheet, hopefully that'll give me the device output impedance.

Comment

With that sensor, it should work with almost anything since it is a driven output. A couple KOhms should be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X