Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turn on a Light Bulb using Road Runner Fusion Brain and Road Runner Fusion Document

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn on a Light Bulb using Road Runner Fusion Brain and Road Runner Fusion Document

I have been working on turning on a light bulb using RR, FB and RRF as many know.

I wanted to give back to all that helped me out. I have created a document to help others like me out. I will be more than happy to update any part that you all feel is incorrect but I did go through it twice and I used it to set up mine.

Hope someone finds it use full.

Do you want to use RR, FB and RRF to turn on a light bulb?

Open the attached pdf and get started..

Thanks to all
    Troy
    Attached Files
    Batmaninls
    www.evorbust.com

Thanks a lot for the write up man! i just got my fusion brain yesturday and cant wait to start playing with it, and u just made life a hole lot easier for me...

quick question, what did u use to connect wire to the pins on the FB? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by djurchicprelude View Post
      Thanks a lot for the write up man! i just got my fusion brain yesturday and cant wait to start playing with it, and u just made life a hole lot easier for me...

quick question, what did u use to connect wire to the pins on the FB? thanks
      All of our relays include pin headers pre-soldered onto them.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
        All of our relays include pin headers pre-soldered onto them.
        I dont know why I did not purchase the relays along with the FB, that will be my next order!

--------

About the write up,
        I am stumped on one thing,

On the instalation of the RRFusion plugin I am dont understand what the 3rd step is??

Installation:
        -Unzip RRFusion folder wherever u want it
        -Run the RunMe1st.cmd file
        -Add x,rrfusion to your chosen skins menu.skin
        -Add files in SAMPLE SKIN folder to your chosen skin folder
        -Open skin.ini and configure based on listed instructions

Please shine some light on that for me, I am not exactly sure what I have to add and where. Thanks!

Comment

Yes buying those relays would have come in handy that's for sure. I used 22 gauge wire connectors for this demo but I will be purchasing around 20 of the prewired ones the next time.

I'm also getting close to ordering my next FB to begin the car integration.

Glad your like my document. Let me know if there is anything you need help with.

Thanks
          Troy
          Batmaninls
          www.evorbust.com

Comment

I dont know why I did not purchase the relays along with the FB, that will be my next order!

--------

About the write up,
            I am stumped on one thing,

On the instalation of the RRFusion plugin I am dont understand what the 3rd step is??

Installation:
            -Unzip RRFusion folder wherever u want it
            -Run the RunMe1st.cmd file
            -Add x,rrfusion to your chosen skins menu.skin
            -Add files in SAMPLE SKIN folder to your chosen skin folder
            -Open skin.ini and configure based on listed instructions

Please shine some light on that for me, I am not exactly sure what I have to add and where. Thanks!
            what skin are you using for RR? you need to go into the folder for that skin and find the file menu.skin. Open that file with notepad and copy the following line and paste it anywhere in the menu.skin document.

Code:
            x,rrfusion
            Save and youre done . This tells RR to load rrfusion when the skin is loaded.
            mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
            Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
            Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

lol Sonic its in there man..... I got you covered..... I promise.....
              Batmaninls
              www.evorbust.com

Comment

I think im doing something wrong?? I copied the line to menu.skin and and now im stuck at actually connecting the FB. when i go into the sample skin that comes with the RRF plugin and click connect, it doesnt connect?? what am i doing wrong? basically, i think what i need to say is that i cant get any leds to light, other then the pwr one. please help. thanks

Comment

djurchicprelude, make sure you have added x,rrfusion to your menu.skin.
                  Can you go to your hardware devices and see "Da Fusion Brain" so you know the PC is seeing it through the USB port? If not there is a starting point.

I'm working today but will check back in to see how you are doing.
                  Batmaninls
                  www.evorbust.com

Comment

i added x,rrfusion to my menu.skin
                    checking device manager and "da fusion brain" is there. also checked and it says the device is working properly. the thing is, it doesnt even work if i run the "kitty of doom" on the fb configurator. im pretty sure im doing something wrong, just dont know what it is.

thanks@!

Comment

Send me an email with your number and lets see if we can get you up and going...
                      hows that... I have some time this evening if you have time. Maybe I can figure out whats going on for you... hows that.

Sometimes its the little things that get overlooked that by going over them again we can get it going...
                      Batmaninls
                      www.evorbust.com

Comment

here is the zip
                        Attached Files

Comment

here is the zip

i notice you have rrfusion.ini in your skin file. Thats incorrect. That file should exist in the .dll's folder. Also, do you have .net 2.0 installed. It is a requirement. If these things arent the problem then use use the same skin enclosed in rrfusion's zip file and tell me if it displays your vidpid

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                            i notice you have rrfusion.ini in your skin file. Thats incorrect. That file should exist in the .dll's folder. Also, do you have .net 2.0 installed. It is a requirement. If these things arent the problem then use use the same skin enclosed in rrfusion's zip file and tell me if it displays your vidpid
                            ok i will try to remove the rrfusion.ini, i have .net 3.5 installed. i tried using the skin that came with the rrfusion zip file and when i press connect nothing happens. what is vidpid though? thanks

Comment

in short the vidpid is your usb devices special indentifier.. its a string of letters and numbers and it should display as a label in RR upon pressing the connect button with the example skin.

Comment

Working...
                              X