Servo control?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servo control?

I think I remember being told that you guys were working on thise.. Any updates?

I'm going to need something to control two cables for my HVAC controls and would much rather do it through the brain than having a seperate serial controller..
    cashtexts - Earn money for receiving text messaged offers
    cashtexts review not a scam
    Space Navigator - 6 Axis input device: Take it apart - Driver App
    RRCam - Video/webcam capture, text overlay, and recording: 2.0 Stable

i'll probably reveal my ignorance of the fusion brain system in it's entirety, but why can't you use a digital output to do it? All you need is a pulse between 1 and 2 ms. At least that's how i did it with my BS2. I don't think it even has to be a constant pulse unless it needs to maintain it's position against an opposing force.
    Et ipsa scientia potestas est.

Worklog for my 2007 Civic Si ...f*** it...
    Pictures of the Corolla (retired)here
    Need to make something? Here are a few ideas.

Comment

Because the brain cant output that fast.

Comment

maybe you could sell a small add-on thing, based off of this: http://members.tripod.com/Sarconastic/servodriver.html

I really need servo control =/

Comment

I have not forgotten it, it's on my list.

then again, so is graduating...

Comment

Hehe just checking. I need a COM interface, and some way to play with servos to get my climate control working how i'd like =D I'll help with homework!

Comment

you sure?

this is my contribution to an undergraduate biomechanical engineering research group.

it's a collision avoidance environment for surgical spinal imaging.

and this is optional research. you can imagine what real homework is like
              Attached Files

Comment

COM Interface

There is a COM interface available. See these threads for more info:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/soft...05110-sdk.html

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/soft...t-code-fb.html

Let me know if you need more info - I've spent many hours during the last week working with this.

Joe

Comment

I'd like to add, I check once a day to see the status of this, and analog out. I'm wating, patiently.

It's been a while...

Comment

Upon searching for a while, I found the Aircon2 by Mastero. From the sounds of it, it would do what I want, which is to control servos attached to the HVAC mechanisms to change temp and output position. The mechanical part makes perfect sense to me. I understand I need some sort of PWM output to control a servo, to do what I want and as I understand it, the FB doesn't off this natively. Also, Mastero seems to have disappeared from the board, or at least I haven't seen any recent posts. Since the FB does a bunch of other stuff I want (not relating to HVAC controls) I will probably go this way.

Has anyone figured out how to do this yet? I know H3rk was working on something similar, but he's taking it to the nth level compared to what I need.

I follow alot of what's going on, but the last time I programmed anything was when I could still program in BASIC or Assembly on my TRS-80 Color Computer 2/3's. So, some of the software stuff is over my head.

But I have time to learn.

Thanks.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by JayinMI View Post
                      Upon searching for a while, I found the Aircon2 by Mastero. From the sounds of it, it would do what I want, which is to control servos attached to the HVAC mechanisms to change temp and output position. The mechanical part makes perfect sense to me. I understand I need some sort of PWM output to control a servo, to do what I want and as I understand it, the FB doesn't off this natively. Also, Mastero seems to have disappeared from the board, or at least I haven't seen any recent posts. Since the FB does a bunch of other stuff I want (not relating to HVAC controls) I will probably go this way.

Has anyone figured out how to do this yet? I know H3rk was working on something similar, but he's taking it to the nth level compared to what I need.

I follow alot of what's going on, but the last time I programmed anything was when I could still program in BASIC or Assembly on my TRS-80 Color Computer 2/3's. So, some of the software stuff is over my head.

But I have time to learn.

Thanks.

Jay

Yeah, no PWM/ Analog servo support yet. But no worries...

If you don't mind chebby parts in your Slopar, there are some ac delco servos that will operate with just 3 voltages, (only needs 2 digital outputs, and a voltage divider). They will drive in a particular direction as long as the corresponding voltage is present. They also have an analog output (position sensing potentiometer) for feedback. Controlling a servo like this from a fusion brain is no-sweat. Knowing whether or not it will work for you, really depends on the mechanical (space, shaft, etc.) aspects. There's more about it in the Auto HVAC thread. I really should clean that thread up, maybe put it in a easier to read categorized format, put more info for different apps, in a new thread...

I'll be happy to help if I can with your application. I'm happy to support anyone with going to the n-Xth level, if I can.
                      It's been a while...

Comment

Originally posted by h3rk View Post
                        Yeah, no PWM/ Analog servo support yet. But no worries...

If you don't mind chebby parts in your Slopar, there are some ac delco servos that will operate with just 3 voltages, (only needs 2 digital outputs, and a voltage divider). They will drive in a particular direction as long as the corresponding voltage is present. They also have an analog output (position sensing potentiometer) for feedback. Controlling a servo like this from a fusion brain is no-sweat. Knowing whether or not it will work for you, really depends on the mechanical (space, shaft, etc.) aspects. There's more about it in the Auto HVAC thread. I really should clean that thread up, maybe put it in a easier to read categorized format, put more info for different apps, in a new thread...

I'll be happy to help if I can with your application. I'm happy to support anyone with going to the n-Xth level, if I can.
                        As long as they're not Ford parts, I don't care I'd be interested to see those. I have some left over servos from some RC car stuff I was planning to use, but I'm not locked into them. I go to the Junkyard about every other weekend, so if I knew what they came out of, I could grab some.

On the up side, I don't have any vacuum stuff on my HVAC controls.

Jay

Comment

Vacuum's easy too but as for the servos,

They look like this:
                          http://info.rockauto.com/ACDelco/Det...ml?15-5660.jpg

5 pins, 12V, GND, sensor GND, Feedback, Control (5V= open, 2.5V = hold, 0V = close). That way you don't have to control the servo with variable analog output, you just use variable analog feedback.

It's about 1.3" wide 4"x3" (not exact, I have a couple I can take better pictures of if you want).

Many newer chevy trucks have them. And many cars too.

There are versions without feedback though, so be careful. But they could be used for people who need them for recirc.

The rotating sleeve is splined....
                          It's been a while...

Comment

Also, I'll take one and build a quickie example skin of how to control it. I'll video it, showing how to hookup, and measure the range of motion. Probably later this week or weekend sometime. There's someone else I've shown these to that it might help them see if it works for them too. I'd hate to run someone up the wrong tree. But theoretically, it's a great solution for servo via fusion.
                            It's been a while...

Comment

Originally posted by h3rk View Post
                              Vacuum's easy too but as for the servos,

They look like this:
                              http://info.rockauto.com/ACDelco/Det...ml?15-5660.jpg

5 pins, 12V, GND, sensor GND, Feedback, Control (5V= open, 2.5V = hold, 0V = close). That way you don't have to control the servo with variable analog output, you just use variable analog feedback.

It's about 1.3" wide 4"x3" (not exact, I have a couple I can take better pictures of if you want).

Many newer chevy trucks have them. And many cars too.

There are versions without feedback though, so be careful. But they could be used for people who need them for recirc.

The rotating sleeve is splined....
                              So, would I just shoot 5V to it to move up from one option to the next and then give it 2.5V to keep it there, and 0V to close it? Or does it pass resistance on the feedback terminal to determine position?

I'm curious.

Jay

Comment

Working...
                              X