Buttons on my dash to turn on my car amplifiers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buttons on my dash to turn on my car amplifiers

Ok, so I am using the FB at the moment to trigger outputs (relays) for my amplifiers.

I want to use a spare switch in my car's dash to do the same thing (as if I were clicking the button on the screen to turn on/off an output).

The switch in my dash seems to only complete the circuit when the button is being pressed, once I stop pushing down the button, the circuit it broken.

So I want MDX to change the output status as if the button is like a "down click vote" and not change until the next "down click vote"

Hope this makes sense.
    [H]
    ____╔══════╗____
    OOO/ATT41\OOO
    ╚══════╝

Not quite sure of what you are trying to do here...

Just to clearify...
    You want a hardware button, to do the same task as a software button via FusionBrain does?

If so the case, you need a button that sends a puls signal while beeing pressed. then a system that register the puls, and have a memory of on/off state, and out of that a logic that sends a solid 12V to amp if "on" and cut the signal if "off".

Now.. This might seem a bit more complicated than it realy is... There are some stores where you can buy a logic relay that can do this task for you.

How this will work togeather with FusionBrain... I have NO clue off..

Comment

hmmm... not quite.

I think what I am trying to say is, I want an output to be triggered by an input.

Once the input is active (lets say 12v) the FB will trigger an output.
      [H]
      ____╔══════╗____
      OOO/ATT41\OOO
      ╚══════╝

Comment

OK, I think I am getting somewhere now,

using a new root function that will trigger a predefined output if a certain input is greater than 5v (I now realise you can have a input with 12v)

gotta play around with it a bit though.
        [H]
        ____╔══════╗____
        OOO/ATT41\OOO
        ╚══════╝

Comment

Originally posted by ATT41 View Post
          (I now realise you can have a input with 12v)
          do not do this. 5v is the max.

Comment

oh ****, I meant to say can't,

but it appears I have found a way to do it. I'm going to have an input logic "if > 2v, vote amp relay on",

and I will have a second button in may dash that will do the same, except amp relay will turn off.

just need to find a 5v source somewhere tho...
            [H]
            ____╔══════╗____
            OOO/ATT41\OOO
            ╚══════╝

Comment

oh ****, I meant to say can't,

but it appears I have found a way to do it. I'm going to have an input logic "if > 2v, vote amp relay on",

and I will have a second button in may dash that will do the same, except amp relay will turn off.

just need to find a 5v source somewhere tho...
              take it off the FB analog inputs

Comment

Ok, so I am using the FB at the moment to trigger outputs (relays) for my amplifiers.

I want to use a spare switch in my car's dash to do the same thing (as if I were clicking the button on the screen to turn on/off an output).

The switch in my dash seems to only complete the circuit when the button is being pressed, once I stop pushing down the button, the circuit it broken.

So I want MDX to change the output status as if the button is like a "down click vote" and not change until the next "down click vote"

Hope this makes sense.
                The virtual button in MDX acts like a momentary, or the physical button?

If you want the button to act like a latch, then have the button input increment a variable. Set the minimum time between votes to something like a second or more. Then another logic that says if the variable is 1, turn on output. Another for if variable >= 2, variable = 0. That will latch.
                Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Great!

Makes sense, but I'm having trouble making MDX do that.

The first input logic will be "if amp switch is > 2v, then change variable +1"

it seem that when I punch that it, it doesn't add 1 to the variable value, it replaces it with the number 1.

Or am I doing something wrong? - I can host the config file if it helps?
                  Attached Files
                  [H]
                  ____╔══════╗____
                  OOO/ATT41\OOO
                  ╚══════╝

Comment

Looks like I have figured out a way to do it

For anybody else trying the same thing, this is what I am going to test with my FB (seems to work fine with the virtual brain so far).

Only problem I forsee is holding the button down too long. but I shouldn't be holding the button for longer than 1 second I suppose.
                    Attached Files
                    [H]
                    ____╔══════╗____
                    OOO/ATT41\OOO
                    ╚══════╝

Comment

"value = +1" means "value equals positive 1"

"value = d+1" means "value equals value plus positive 1"
                      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

thanks for that!

I ended up just replacing the numbers with 1 or 0, rather than adding and then changing the variable.

do you seem some flaw in the way I have done it?
                        [H]
                        ____╔══════╗____
                        OOO/ATT41\OOO
                        ╚══════╝

Comment

thanks for that!

I ended up just replacing the numbers with 1 or 0, rather than adding and then changing the variable.

do you seem some flaw in the way I have done it?
                          nope that works fine as long as it stays synchronized which it should unless it glitches from what I can see.

Comment

well I'll see how it goes with the real thing, I just hope it doesn't miss a "then" statement.
                            [H]
                            ____╔══════╗____
                            OOO/ATT41\OOO
                            ╚══════╝

Comment

So I have been testing it for a little while. Does seem to open the relay on every click, seems to not register some times. I may have my vote timings incorrectly. I noticed you can change the vote timing for the whole file, or you can change the timing for each logic. Any timers I should have specifically?

seems the variable is always correct, and always changes. Sometimes the output isn't triggered through.
                              [H]
                              ____╔══════╗____
                              OOO/ATT41\OOO
                              ╚══════╝

Comment

Working...
                              X