Current Sensor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Sensor

Is your current sensor an in-line design? Or is it inductive (do I put the sensed wire under that chip)?

If it's 'in-line'? what kind of terminals is it set up for, I can't quite tell from the pic how to connect.
    It's been a while...

inline, solder wires to the PCB. The holes in the PCB are sized to handle about a #14 wire.

Comment

hmmm, how would one safely approach an install where 30-40Amps was expected (obviously, 14AWG is too small to handle that). Do you think a one inch long lead with a spade would be ok for that situation? Or should I go with a different, expensive inductive sensor?
      It's been a while...

Comment

I was wondering this as well. I was planning on ordering 2-4 of them in order to measure the current draw of my amp(s) using 2 per amp in parallel in so the limit would be 100A in case it hits over 50A drawn. I'd be using 4ga wiring which obviously wouldn't fit in the hole if it's designed for 14ga?

Comment

You can't use two in parallel, that's for sure.

The sensor can handle 50A, maximum. It's a good idea to keep the sustained current around 25A. 14 gauge wire is fine for that, and 12 gauge might fit in the hole.

In future revision of the sensor, we will make the hole and traces bigger.

Comment

Okay, my thinking was running the 2 in parallel would split the current in half and then just re-add the values in software.
            ................../-sensor--\
            Wire --------...............------------wire
            ..................\-sensor--/

Comment

the trouble is, the current won't split evenly. it'll overload a sensor.

Comment

ah ok. thanks for clearing that up

Comment

Working...
                X