Purchase single relay?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchase single relay?

I can only find packs of 10 on the web site. I don't need anywhere near that many.
    2001 SS Camaro carputer | My solar dish project/

Well then, find a site or a shop with the quantity you desire.

Comment

You're right, I should take my business elsewhere.

Comment

you can buy any 12v automotive relay from an auto parts store that'll work just fine
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

I was hoping to get one that already had the 3 pin connector already on it. I haven't been able to find them anywhere. Thanks though, I didn't know the relays were that easy to find.

Comment

You can get the pin header connectors and pre terminated wires from http://www.pololu.com/ very cheap... More than you will ever need! Then just wire em up to a standard relay, or the appropriate size relay for your project.
            Old School MP3CAR.com member!

Comment

Only 3 pins... Good - common power saves a wire.

Lucky I didn't answer for 4 & 5 pins relays....

Comment

Originally posted by dscustoms View Post
                You can get the pin header connectors and pre terminated wires from http://www.pololu.com/ very cheap... More than you will ever need! Then just wire em up to a standard relay, or the appropriate size relay for your project.
                Thanks I didn't find any 3 pin headers with the wires on them, but I did find the single pins with wires on which will work just fine. They are on their way . Thanks again.

Originally posted by OldSpark View Post
                Only 3 pins... Good - common power saves a wire.

Lucky I didn't answer for 4 & 5 pins relays....
                I'm not sure what you mean. My original post was asked because they did used to sell single relays.. On top of that their website store appears to have moved. If you click on the "Sensors and Input Devices" link under "Categories," it doesn't show anything. However if you click the store along the top navigation it takes you to the new store which appears to be integrated with mp3car.com. where there are sensors. So please, OldSpark, forgive my ignorance for not knowing any better on where to find these things. All I know about them is the ones I bought from the original store do exactly what I want.

Comment

There aren't many 3-wire relays - they tend to be too dedicated.
                  4 wire is the commonest for SPST.

I wouldn't expect people to know where to get components.
                  What surprises me is that people that know the jargon (relay) and have web access can't search and find out...
                  But web info is getting worse!

Comment

Thanks for that link. I refuse to order from Mp3Car.com anymore on principal over them profiting on shipping charges. $$$ amount isn't important I'm just fed up with retailers thinking I'm an idiot charging 200% of the actual cost for Canadians.

When I called them out on it and linked them to USPS documentation showing they were BS'ing me, they just stopped replying.

Comment

Originally posted by SKiTLz View Post
                      Thanks for that link. I refuse to order from Mp3Car.com anymore on principal over them profiting on shipping charges. $$$ amount isn't important I'm just fed up with retailers thinking I'm an idiot charging 200% of the actual cost for Canadians.

When I called them out on it and linked them to USPS documentation showing they were BS'ing me, they just stopped replying.
                      Must be the extra handling necessary for you Canadians... lol

Personally, I buy most of my carpc stuff from Chris at mo-co-so. He's really flexible with shipping and has no problem getting on the phone with you to answer questions, choose a different shipper (even if not available on his website), etc. It's too bad he doesn't carry much (if anything) in the way of sensors for FB.
                      Last edited by kegobeer; 03-17-2011, 12:14 PM.
                      1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

Comment

Also, to the OP. They do have the 3pin with wire, just cut off the other end. http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/2169

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Originally posted by kegobeer View Post
                        Must be the extra handling necessary for you Canadians... lol

Personally, I buy most of my carpc stuff from Chris at mo-co-so. He's really flexible with shipping and has no problem getting on the phone with you to answer questions, choose a different shipper (even if not available on his website), etc. It's too bad he doesn't carry much (if anything) in the way of sensors for FB.
                        That is who I just ordered my screens off of.. Mp3Car lost out on that order because they tried to gouge me on my small order.

Comment

Originally posted by SKiTLz View Post
                          Also, to the OP. They do have the 3pin with wire, just cut off the other end. http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/2169

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

That is who I just ordered my screens off of.. Mp3Car lost out on that order because they tried to gouge me on my small order.
                          Ahh. I saw that and thought it would probably work, but I was able to get the singles for quite a bit less. I can just cut them in half and then just solder the bare ends to my final cable. I agree with mp3cars prices being ridiculous. The photosensors for the brain are $14.99 that's highway robbery (let alone what shipping would be). I ordered 5 of them for $1 a price of adafruit.com. I just hooked them up and they work just fine (well as soon as I dug up 10k ohm resisters ). Now to figure out how to get if then's working..

Edit: Got the if then's working. The UI makes things realllly nice.
                          Last edited by scotty562; 03-17-2011, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X