Fusion Brain Data Logging

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion Brain Data Logging

I am redoing the part of the application that datalogs. It will be spiffy when done.

My question though is what do you want to be able to log? Obviously the time the data was taken, and the value for each sensor, but anything else?
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Is there really anything else to log?
    cashtexts - Earn money for receiving text messaged offers
    cashtexts review not a scam
    Space Navigator - 6 Axis input device: Take it apart - Driver App
    RRCam - Video/webcam capture, text overlay, and recording: 2.0 Stable

Comment

Originally posted by inh View Post
      Is there really anything else to log?
      I don't believe so... But wanted to get opinions.

Perhaps the minimum, maximum, and average values or something would be useful. Im just throwing out ideas here.
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

Yea, it's ususally easier or better to add everything while your doing a section/function than it is to go back and add it latter...

Besides all the sensor value's, min, max, and avg, I think that should cover just about everything...
        RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
        Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
        Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
        RRMedia
        RRExtended
        DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Teaser picture

Comment

It is not done yet. I would say 50% functional. But the main stuff is there. Obviously the dates are incorrect. as they were just random testing numbers.

Logs will now be stored in *.xml format and easily readable in Flash, through a *.xsl guide, or any webpage. Say hello to remote logging.

Unfortuneatly, because of the way FF reads xml files, I have not been able to get it to work. I need to remove all the whitespace in the xml i believe, but for now, it is all done through ActiveX. The sucky part of this, is that ActiveX is only available on Microsoft Internet Explorer. Not FF. So as of now this does not work in FF, but as it is my browser of choice, I will eventually get it to work. I have never worked with xml reading before. Also it is all javascript run so you need java. Since I think it is a good assumption most of your PCs dont run php/mysql servers locally, I had to do it all "client" side which means javascript.

I have a few more ideas up my sleeve... Stay tuned.

Opinions and criticism welcome.

Comment

Sounds cool, looks cooler =]

I was just thinking, exporting to .csv would be nice too so users could play with the numbers manually in excel or something =]

Comment

Sounds cool, looks cooler =]

I was just thinking, exporting to .csv would be nice too so users could play with the numbers manually in excel or something =]
                Well the reason for xml was that I thought all Office products can read xmls quite readily as well as pretty much anything nowadays...

ill think about adding in a comma seperated output file. The thing is, the more read/write cycles to the harddrive, the more time per iteration, more cpu cycles, slower. Now I am not worried for any of my machines, but I am not too sure about how much a m10k can handle.

Well anyways, I'm off to bed.

Keep the suggestions rollin'!

Comment

Add an option to either output csv or xml, or an option to spit out csv values from the xml after the fact with a lil button, so only those people that want it can use it =] Of course, make a way to spit it out without having to press it, via a window message command or something, in case we wanna automate it

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                    Teaser picture
                    Seriously, that is amazing. Great job on the progress so far! I really like the way thing are laid out along with the color selection.
                    2001 SS Camaro carputer | My solar dish project/

Comment

RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                      Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                      Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                      RRMedia
                      RRExtended
                      DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Add an option to either output csv or xml, or an option to spit out csv values from the xml after the fact with a lil button, so only those people that want it can use it =] Of course, make a way to spit it out without having to press it, via a window message command or something, in case we wanna automate it
                        Alright, I am convinced. I will output a comma list too.

What format do you want since you are the suggestor!

perhaps "sensor,port,vidpid,yyyymmdd,hh:mm:ss:uu,raw,evalua ted"

so for the first data bit in the pic above, it would be "Ultrasonic Sensor,0,0,20071225,16:30:30:500,3.456,10.65". Good enough?

Comment

Originally posted by scotty562 View Post
                          Seriously, that is amazing. Great job on the progress so far! I really like the way thing are laid out along with the color selection.
                          Originally posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
                          Thankyou. It has taken a while to get it looking ok. I still have some missing things like on the left of the tables, that is all 1 image being tiled... well I forgot to colour the left side of it all the way, so it is still photoshop-default white. It will be fixed.

This also means if you dont like the colours, you can just change the pictures and it will change in the display.

Comment

Teaser deux:

(Again les values are not correct, they were a quick copy/paste into an XML to test )

Comment

I would appreciate any suggestions on anything from content to colour scheme. Critisisms or new ideas also appreciated.

I think I may be getting a little carried away like this, but once I get started on an idea, I tend to wander on design and then "just a little change" in the layout and I lose 4 hours to tweaking it to look perfect. Its a curse! I hope it is worth it though...

Comment

Working...
                              X