Sample VB application to control a Fusion Brain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sample VB application to control a Fusion Brain

I've seen a few people here asking how to control a Fusion Brain with code in Visual Basic. I wrote a little demo application that shows exactly that, so people can copy the code into their own applications.

Screen shot and download:
    http://lefebure.com/software/fusionbrain/

Note: This application supports both the v3 and v4 Fusion Brains.

-Lance
    Last edited by mx270a; 09-20-2011, 10:58 PM. Reason: Updated link

Very nice!
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

tyvm for this!
      2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
      2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
      Sound Stage
      Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

wow... rr plugin might be on the way since you laid an example out. I'm good with vb6 but never used VB2k8. We'll see how it goes lol.
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Excellent work. It's nice to have a third party tool to verify things are working.

Comment

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
            cashtexts - Earn money for receiving text messaged offers
            cashtexts review not a scam
            Space Navigator - 6 Axis input device: Take it apart - Driver App
            RRCam - Video/webcam capture, text overlay, and recording: 2.0 Stable

Comment

Thanks, I'll try to convert this over to a c# sample...

Comment

New version is out. The screenshot and URLs in the first post point to the updated code.

I had one of the outputs labeled wrong, I added progress bars for the inputs, and I changed the inputs to show all 10 bits of data instead of only 8 bits.

-Lance

Comment

Originally posted by fjmf View Post
                  Thanks, I'll try to convert this over to a c# sample...
                  The main program is open source and already written in C#.
                  15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

This code has been updated to be compatible with the current FB firmware. The links in the original post go to the updated files. My old PIC was from late 2007, and some code had to be changed to get the new one to connect/disconnect correctly.

-Lance

Comment

what time were the actual files updated.. i downloaded your source this morning and began working on converting it to an rr plugin. this was at about 11am eastern

Comment

Update was ~5 minutes before I posted the last message. Just check the version on the Form - I use the date as the version. If it's today's date, you have today's code.

2k1toaster and I have been discussing the send/receive stuff in the Disconnect sub. It shouldn't be necessary to Receive data there, but it's the only way I can get it to disconnect and reconnect nicely. Can you try remarking out the recieve if/then in the disconnect Sub to see if it will allow you to reconnect after you disconnect?

-Lance

Comment

will do once i get the new source downloaded.. i gotta say thank you VERY much for releasing this open source as it has allowed a newb like me to understand how to communicate with the brain. If/when i release an rr plugin i will DEFINITELY be sure to credit you.

Comment

ok.. when i comment then if/then statement the FB will not reconnect. the only way i can re-establish a connection is if i close the program AND disconnect/reconnect usb. Now with the if/then uncommented it connects/disconnects/reconnects as it should.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                              will do once i get the new source downloaded.. i gotta say thank you VERY much for releasing this open source as it has allowed a newb like me to understand how to communicate with the brain. If/when i release an rr plugin i will DEFINITELY be sure to credit you.
                              If you know how to make a COM object I would be forever greatful!

It just isnt working for me.

And I have not updated the source in a long time. I will package it all together and post it for you. That USB communication however has not changed at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X