• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion Brain Latest Software MDX - Download Link

EXE (97,215Kb): http://www.fusioncontrolcentre.com/M...0Installer.exe
    RAR (93,574Kb): http://www.fusioncontrolcentre.com/M...0Installer.rar
    ZIP (94,925Kb): http://www.fusioncontrolcentre.com/M...0Installer.zip

This is the newest version of the software. It is very different and much more powerful than the previous version. It has been out for a while, but it is now at a point where it can be for everyone.

Needed to Run:
    MDX:
    Vista or XP
    .NET 3.5
    Direct X 9.0c

Configurator:
    Vista or XP
    .NET 2.0

It has:
    a) .NET 2.0
    b) DirectX 9.0c
    c) Main MDX Program
    d) MDX Configurator
    e) MDX Updater

It will unpackage and install .NET 2.0 and DX 9.0c hopefully by itself with no need for user input there.

Then if you leave the finish page with the default checks, it will start the updater and check for new versions, as well as start the configurator with the sample skin loaded.

I added a parameter to the configurator that anyone can use. It is: -open:"blah.xml" where blah.xml is the config file to open. It can be a relative path or an absolute path.

The installer is close to 300Mb. That is the price you pay for idiot-proofing.

Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

is it now com enabled?
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

sorry to be bother.....what's the difference?
      My Car!

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
        is it now com enabled?
        Yes and no. Still having troubles. I have the COM object working in a test project, communicating to RoadRunner and displaying on a label.

But taking that code and just putting it into my large code (MDX), it is a no go... So I am trying to debug that, but things are slow going. So the code is there, but nothing happens. It will though later.

Originally posted by dasaint80 View Post
        sorry to be bother.....what's the difference?
        MDX is logic based. Meaning outputs and inputs are not tied to an image. Everything is very generic and broken apart making it virtually endless in the possibilties. You can create logic to do everything from animation to evaluating a numeric function.

Also everything is based on a voting system. You push a button on the skin, it doesnt turn the output on or off. It will tell the output it WANTS to turn it on or off. The button then will tally all votes it got during that cycle from user input, logic evaluation, and server requests, and decide whether or not it wants to turn on or off. If a vote has a higher priority (low/medium/high) then it will win, and disregard any number of lower priority votes. Good for overrides.

Another major change is now it uses Managed Direct X (Hence the name MDX). This means it no longer uses GDI+ which is slow but easy to code in as the last versions were.

There are lots of other changes too such as seperating everything onto 4 timers, so you can read inputs, sends outputs, update the GUI, and evaluate the logic all at different times with differtent intervals between them.
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

The installer is close to 100Mb. That is the price you pay for idiot-proofing.

its sitting at 274mb at the moment... is that correct?

Comment

Yes. I havent updated the page but I have updated the installer.

It now includes:

Windows Installer 3.1
            Microsoft .NET 2.0 Framework
            Microsoft .NET 3.0 Framework
            Microsoft .NET 3.5 Framework
            DirectX 9.0c Full Installer
            Fusion Control Centre Uber MDX
            MDX Configurator
            MDX Updater

The jump in size is from the addition of the 2 extra frameworks and the 3.1 installer. .NET 3.5 requires 3.1 installer, and XP comes with 3.0 stock.

Comment

any mirrors for this? my download from fusioncontrolcentre.com keeps failing after about 5 minutes of 10kb/sec...

Comment

bump... still cant download this....

Comment

The problem is on your end. Lower your security settings or something.

I just downloaded all 3 of the installer packages at over 1Mbps.

Here is a direct link to the exe: http://www.fusioncontrolcentre.com/M...0Installer.exe

Comment

negative i just finished downloading 2 gig demo from fileplanet at 500+ kb/sec.
                    maybe theres a bad hop between my connection and the webserver.

either way, a mirror would fix it.
                    or, does this installer come with the fusion brain? mine should arrive monday. if it doesnt, this is going to be very frustrating.

Comment

I just downloaded and unpacked everything on post #1 also. But, I'll upload one to my site for now, if it will help...
                      It's been a while...

Comment

Again just tried, and everything is ok.

Where are you located? h3rk and I are both on the west coast. Tim is having similar problems and is in FL.

This only started happening after the hurricane. Maybe the big problems in Houston and such are screwing things up. Give it a few days and try again. There is nothing I can do. It works for me, it works for h3rk, there was a natural force just hours ago, I am sure something is screwed up between the servers and you somewhere. Hopefully it will get back up soon.

Comment

i understand. im in wichita kansas.
                          i actually tried the first time before the hurricane hit, on the 12th (my first post).
                          does the installer come on a cd with the fusion brain unit?

h3rk if you wouldnt mind uploading it to your server to try i'd appreciate that. but if its too much of a hassle im not that desperate... yet

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post

Again just tried, and everything is ok.

Where are you located? h3rk and I are both on the west coast. Tim is having similar problems and is in FL.

This only started happening after the hurricane. Maybe the big problems in Houston and such are screwing things up. Give it a few days and try again. There is nothing I can do. It works for me, it works for h3rk, there was a natural force just hours ago, I am sure something is screwed up between the servers and you somewhere. Hopefully it will get back up soon.
                            I'm having the same problem with the download.
                            HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Ok I think have the most recent ones uploaded, for the time being, for those who want.

MDX Installer(RAR)
                              MDX Installer(ZIP)
                              MDX Installer(EXE)
                              It's been a while...

Comment

Working...
                              X