Digital Output Timeouts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Output Timeouts

As per the word document, I see that the outputs have a Timeout value before they shut off. In testing, I'm finding that the outputs don't shut off when I disconnect the FB from the PC (unplug the USB cable). What should they be doing?

-Lance

shutting off... but I disabled it in firmware while I work out a new scheme. THe old one was pretty clunky.

Comment

Ok, so with the current firmware, there are no timeouts. Correct?

-Lance

Comment

correct.

Comment

One more question on this one:

If we have a FB with this firmware that does not allow relay timers, will there be any way to "update" the firmware, to support it, in the future?

Thanks
          Mike

Comment

Greenman, I don't want to pressure you, but the timeout thing is of some interest to me.

Had an issue today where my application crashed, which means it quit sending updates to the FB, which happened to have one output on at that moment, which controls steering. The machine kept turning right for about 10 feet before the operator got the machine stopped. I don't consider this serious as we're moving 5 MPH in the middle of a field with nothing to hit. I've trapped that bug out of my software so that won't happen again, but I'd still feel much better knowing that the FB would shut off all outputs after ~1 second of no new updates.

-Lance

Comment

Sure, totally possible.

Firmware updates require a PIC exchange for now.

I'm away from my desktop PC until next week, but I'll test new firmware then.

Comment

Working...
              X