Can't figure it out!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't figure it out!!!

I have tried three different machines (2 vista, 1 XP) and have the same results. Every time I install the MDX software everything looks good until the end. I get "installation error" , yet the software still loads and the config editor works and can see the brain. To counter this, the control center WILL NOT work. Everytime I try to start it it throws a window error and closes. After reading other posts I completly uninstalled MDX and the drivers, made sure the machines had Net 3.5 and Directx 9.0c....restarted and then reinstalled. Still same issue across all three machines. I also installed the drivers manually. I feel I have overlooked somthing, any help on this is GREATLY appreciated!

Side Question - after doing the Ninja Kitty how does I export this to the Brain? (obviously I'm new to the Fusion Brain)

notes - three machines all 32 bit set as administrator, vista buisness, vista ultimate, XP Pro SP3
    - V4 Fusion Brain, MDX installer and drivers all from main FB website
    - I like Porsche

Can you upload a screenshot of this error?

Comment

screen shots

here are the screen shots of the errors and drivers

Click image for larger version

Name:	mdx drivers.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	2273282

Name:	mdx error.jpg
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	2273283

Name:	mdx install error.jpg
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	2273284

let me know what you think. THANKS!!!

Comment

I'm getting the same error on installation.

It is at the final part of installation, looks like it's done, then just pops up a box with: (Header)ERROR (Body)install failed. The restart prompt then comes up and the updater does its thing (and reports that MDX has been updated). After restart, the configurator works, but MDX program doesnt - get an hourglass, but the process is never loaded.
        I had this working with the previous version of the software, and did a re-format for other reasons before installing the 12/22/2008 update.

The Driver looks correct. .net 3.5 & DX9 installed OK

WinXP SP2, updated 11/11

Comment

Originally posted by ace123 View Post

Side Question - after doing the Ninja Kitty how does I export this to the Brain? (obviously I'm new to the Fusion Brain)
          Save the configuration file as fusionconfiguration.xml in the MDX folder

At least i can fix one problem.

Comment

Screenshot

Note - i just ran the installer a 2nd time over the already installed program - same error occurred the 2x i tried that.

Comment

I save everything to the desktop for testing....the xml is labeld correct and in the right location....still same error

I hate researching this problem because all i ever read about are peoples issues with code and such....I can't even see the control panle let alone screw up the code. It's OKAY...my day can't get any worse....ohhh just kidding it will be 0 deg F tonight!

Comment

Nick Vergunst: well i dont know either. apparently my project has been corrupted
                Nick Vergunst: it runs fine on my dev machine
                Nick Vergunst: but the virtual machine it does the same thing now
                Nick Vergunst: I cannot fix it. I have been trying for the past 1.5hrs
                Nick Vergunst: I will have to try later

we know about it, and are working on it.

be patient.

Comment

Originally posted by ace123 View Post
                  I save everything to the desktop for testing....the xml is labeld correct and in the right location....still same error
                  Sounds like you're saving the XML in the right spot - mine's doing the same thing. It worked before the update, i thought you might need to know where to save it.

Greenman - Thanks for the work. I'm not in a hurry yet. But if it's not fixed by the 4th of July......
                  This(and possibly a 2nd brain) will be controlling 200-250 fireworks so that i don't spend 2 hours with a lighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthehor View Post
                    ...This(and possibly a 2nd brain) will be controlling 200-250 fireworks so that i don't spend 2 hours with a lighter.
                    I've wanted to try the same thing for a long time but have no idea how to light the fuses. What do you plan on using to ignite the fuses?
                    Thanks,

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Dan2008 View Post
                      I've wanted to try the same thing for a long time but have no idea how to light the fuses. What do you plan on using to ignite the fuses?
                      a resistor

Comment

Thanks Greenman...let me know if you need any other info on the error.

Quick question....anyone know how a 300 to 600 nm laser is measured for intensity. I know about photo res... but how would you measure the amount of light (visible or not) for a laser?

Comment

It will be fixed by 4th July

Should be fixed in a day or so depending how much it got corrupted. I am doing some more testing, and if worst comes to worst, I will rebuild it ground up with copy/pasting code between new classes...
                          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Can you run the program in debug mode and see what error pops out? Is it a FileNotFoundException?
                            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

Ok, pretty sure i figured it out.

Also, because of all these little files that need to be included, I have gone from a small installer with seperate dependencies to a big installer with dependencies included, to now a small installer that downloads dependencies. Well this download isnt always successful, and can vary the files. So I am going back to a 280Mb installer with all the files you need. Bandwidth is cheap, and if you dont have high speed, then it will just take longer to download, too bad.

So I will get out a new installer hopefully tonight that will fix this. Then uninstall what you have, and run this and see if it works. I will update the thread once I get it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X