Using the data from a fusion brain sensor in another program

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using the data from a fusion brain sensor in another program

I recently got my fusion brain for with an ultrasonic proximity sensor. i have the sensor working fine. my question is how do i use the proximity data gathered by the sensor in another program

Originally posted by thecrtographer View Post
    I recently got my fusion brain for with an ultrasonic proximity sensor. i have the sensor working fine. my question is how do i use the proximity data gathered by the sensor in another program
    If the other program is COM enabled you can do it that way. What are you trying to accomplish?
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

I'm kind of a newb programmer, so i'm not really sure what COM is, but i want to use the ultrasonic sensors as a blind-spot checking system and output the distance of vehicles in the blind-spot to another program that alerts the driver.

Comment

Component Object Model. It is a software interface standard that allows many different programs to talk to each other. Kind of like in the global automotive business English is the default language for documentation. Not everybody will know enough to fully get your point across but there is rudimentary understanding by most parties.

COM reading:
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/fb-s...ig-update.html

At the moment the COM interface will pass commands (turn off, turn on, volume up, key strokes ect.) and analog input values from your sensor 0 to 5 volt readings. The variable data you set up (logic functions) to convert to meaningful numbers (2.63 meters) can not be passed through the COM. Your receiving program will have to contain the formula to convert the data as well as receive the COM input.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLR8N View Post
          Component Object Model. It is a software interface standard that allows many different programs to talk to each other. Kind of like in the global automotive business English is the default language for documentation. Not everybody will know enough to fully get your point across but there is rudimentary understanding by most parties.

COM reading:
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/fb-s...ig-update.html

At the moment the COM interface will pass commands (turn off, turn on, volume up, key strokes ect.) and analog input values from your sensor 0 to 5 volt readings. The variable data you set up (logic functions) to convert to meaningful numbers (2.63 meters) can not be passed through the COM. Your receiving program will have to contain the formula to convert the data as well as receive the COM input.
          MDX sends both the analogue values AND any variables in the program through COM.
          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Really? Sorry about that, I've read a couple thousand posts the last few days and everybody seemed to be working around this. Can it receive a variable? For example set a target temperature value in RR and have MDX use that number in logic functions (climate control again)?

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
              MDX sends both the analogue values AND any variables in the program through COM.
              This is awesome news
              i am using a vb program as the driver allert system how would i use COM to send the distance values to this program

Comment

Working...
              X