Diy 400w Psu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diy 400w Psu

hmm I am trying to develop some one! It's will be fully isolated no need GLI......no engine noise ........ and I am think to take power for hubs and screen from this device ......
    Is this a good idea or I am really crazy ?

News:
    1.Ok! I have developed it
    2. 400w Pilot PSU beta-testing units only for preordering, price is 180$
    3. 200W Light version, non isolated, high protected is in development stage. I tryed to do this - but it's not a good construction, but :
    4. 07.21.2007 I have made redesign of 400w psu - smaller price and changes of internal components interaction and schematic. new pics and user guide will be soon.

5. 11.09.2007 ok! here is pic of version 3.1
    Click image for larger version

Name:	pilot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	2267874
    400Watt CarPC power supply for powerfull systems- thaks for Beta testers- it was perfect.

Remember - AMD Athlon XP (socket A) powers from 5v rail in most times !

I think it is a great idea. Even better if you can deliver unlike so many that have posted the same idea and failed in the past.
    Old Systems retired due to new car
    New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

I tried to use a search , but found nothing . Please help me to find some threads about this idea.
      Rob Withey And why that peoples was failed in the past.... which reasons?

Thanks
      400Watt CarPC power supply for powerfull systems- thaks for Beta testers- it was perfect.

Comment

I have no idea why previous attempts have failed. What usually happens is that someone says they are going to design a power supply to beat all power supplies, we get several pages of schematics, sometimes photos of prototypes, and then the original poster abandons the thread and/or disappears off the face of the earth.
        Much respect to you if you manage to pull this off.

Comment

I'm so crazy %) and i'll try to make this............... but i dont know will this device work or not

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Withey View Post
            What usually happens is that someone says they are going to design a power supply to beat all power supplies, we get several pages of schematics, sometimes photos of prototypes, and then the original poster abandons the thread and/or disappears off the face of the earth.
            they guys at opus and minibox must have their own hit squads!

Comment

150w - thread died : http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49358
              300w - thread died : http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56947
              Thread died : http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8115
              Thread died : http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=9897
              etc, etc...

You get the picture.

Best bet might be Sproggy/Mastero derived design.

Comment

Rob Withey
                wow great thanks to you!

Comment

Wow i build it ! ...... But need some tests! Today i find some bugs in it and i'll fix it later, and later i'll post pics and specifications. This PSU WILL NOT SUPPORT stand by mode, because i read many threads about dryed batteries. Then i made PSU which in off-state don't takes any current- NO any MICROAMPS - i think it's great. I think hibernate - is very good choice, and it's work fine.
                  What about controller ?
                  Here is a simplest controller - 5 seconds before startup , and 15 seconds before shutdown, it monitors voltage of battery, and have a rem output to control amp or lcd - it takes hi state after 0.5 sec of carputer on , and low state before carputer shutdown. When it shutdowning, it waits 40 sec , if windows isn't shutdown- controller shutdown all system hardly.

This psu fully isolated - no more buzzing or interferrence No need ground loop isolator.
                  You can( to avoid ground loops - must) powers from it usb devices and lcd monitor.
                  Ok today i tested it on this hardware at home

proc. Celeron D 2133MHz (overclocked about 3200)
                  mb. asus p4s800
                  video geforce 2 mx400
                  mem. don't know manufacturer - 256M
                  HD. WD 80gb
                  cd- samsung 52x
                  dvd liteon combo drive
                  modem conexant56 soft internal

so it's work great

hmmm........
                  i think i'll really finish this project

Comment

how about a circuit diagram or something??
                    i'm assuming you mean you power this off 12v-13.8v power supply??
                    this isn's inverting the power to 244 is it?

Comment

I'm very interest to see what you have done. An imaging thing is you have it done within a month.
                      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

I would like to see the result indeed! Any schematics, data, images?
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

96CalibraYE
                          yes you right!
                          it works 8-16 Volts at input.
                          MatrixPC
                          almera

So, - i build and develop not for one month , but since february of 2006.
                          this thread created about 1 month ago I just want to know is somebody build a psu more than 300W or no - thanks to all . And i really saw some projects, but threads die (upper links) ........ but this is very nice projects.

I think it's will be commercial project , because it's very difficult to build it by yourself - optocoupler based feedback , 3 transformers , 3 pwms , logic ...... - all this need be tuned. To tune it - needs osciloscope, multimeter , frequencymeter and FREQUENCY RESPONSE ANALYZER( to stabilize feedback loops, this device costs very very high! - look at http://ridleyengineering.com/analyzer.htm -one of this devices .... and look at price ) ........
                          so .......
                          I think pics will be at next week or eralier

And i saw on one russian forum http://forum.mp3car.ru/ and you can find some free version of 200w psu ( not mine development) - there are no any over/under current/voltage protections( so it's dangerous) and controller , but it's work, if i'll find that thread - i'll give you some links

Comment

ok - found some schematic, don't know author.
                            http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/5582/compcar2dw2.gif
                            200W
                            3.3 v,12v not stabilized , like in cheap psu - for not powerfull system is a good choice i think. But not pointed parameters of transformer but you can calculate this with some free special programs

p.s. oh - I found some mistake - C9 needs to change polarity

Comment

You must be pretty smart and have electronics training. I was going to modify the input of a AT power supply back in the stone ages when this forum was new, but I wasn't comfortable rewinding all the high voltage transformers. Since then I've been attending business school and I'm about to graduate. I'd like to make an ATX power supply but I don't have the proper tools which you talk about. I'd have to study how they have the hibernate and the pushbutton switch work (the smarts of the new PSU).

Comment

Working...
                              X